Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Engine light came on and had a diagnositc done. First code from first place was P0420 they said firewall catalytic converter. Engine light went off a few days later and we cleared the code. Light came back on and I took to Honda thinking if it is the CC then it could be related to the fuel injector recall. Honda runs the check and comes up with a P2096 code Bank 1 sensor 2 oxygen. Now I have scoured the web (maybe in the wrong places) but I cannot find much on this code nor a diagram of where this is located. Anyone have any information on this code and a diagram of location? Is this easy to access and replace on my own (or with help)?

TIA

·
Registered
3 Posts
4 months ago I had a P0159 code and had the bank 2 Oxygen sensor 2 replaced. 2 weeks ago the P4020 code came on and I had the fuel injectors replaced under TSB A20-100 and the dealer also cleaned all the carbon from the intake. Now one week later I have a P2096 and P0420 codes. Does anyone have any idea what the fix could be?

·
Registered
Home of the 301k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
13,753 Posts
First thing I’d do is clean the Mass Airflow sensor (MAF). Unplug, remove. While holding the sensor in the orientation it was removed, spray a few short burst of CRC Electronic Cleaner or MAF Cleaner directly into the visible electrodes (no soaking). Let dry thoroughly before reinstalling. This improves the fuel air mixture if the sensor is dirty.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Golly @fmortillaro, if didn't know better, I'd think you still had injector issues on Bank 1. New parts doesn't necessarily = good parts. Or, the carbon cleaning contaminated the upstream sensor, or catalytic or downstream sensor.

There's no reasonable parts cannon solution, I see, here. Honda needs to look at it again, and should do so without charge, IMO. They may be in CYA mode, so if they attempt to push costs back onto you, I'd seriously push back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts