Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with this? I'm supposed to look at an 03 and he just brought this to my attention. I tried searching on here with not much luck.

He said he hasn't ever noticed it shift hard or anything. He sent this pic

·
Registered
94 Posts
I’ve had both pressure switches replaced on my 13 Pilot under extended warranty. The 1 they had to replace twice because the first was faulty.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,839 Posts
Replace the transmission pressure switch(es) with OEM. Some who have used aftermarket ended up doing the job twice using OEM the second time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Replace the transmission pressure switch(es) with OEM. Some who have used aftermarket ended up doing the job twice using OEM the second time.
Should it be a deal breaker with buying a 1st gen, do you think? Or a sure fix.. i had an 01 Odyssey that I had a ton of trans issues with, so Honda transmissions scare the shit out of me anymore. 😥😥

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,839 Posts
With these Honda transmissions, it seems that regular fluid changes are one of the main factors in their life expectancy. I’d ask to see service the service records. And wipe the fluid on the white paper towel and smell it too.

One or both pressure switches going bad seems to be a regular occurrence with these transmissions (search flashing D on this forum). Mine went out at ~75k miles, and that was with the fluid getting refreshed (1x drain and fill) every 15k miles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With these Honda transmissions, it seems that regular fluid changes are one of the main factors in their life expectancy. I’d ask to see service the service records. And wipe the fluid on the white paper towel and smell it too.

One or both pressure switches going bad seems to be a regular occurrence with these transmissions (search flashing D on this forum). Mine went out at ~75k miles, and that was with the fluid getting refreshed (1x drain and fill) every 15k miles.
The car has 230k on it. I can't find one under 200k within 2 hours of me.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot EX 4WD, 2007 Accord DX Sedan, 2.4L
13 Posts
I had that unfortunate luck with my first aftermarket ones. I ended up replacing those aftermarkets with some from GearSpeed out of California and I haven't had any issues in the two years since I installed them. Highly recommend them if you want an OEM alternative.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts