Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings to all, CEL went on while driving, I did OBD, resulted in P0706 Transmission Range Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance. After a couple of engine on and offs CEL gone. I was searching online: bunch of recommendations- flush transmission fluid, change sensors and wiring. I recall not able to start engine few times prior to the light, after switching gear back and forth engine started as normal. Please opine on possible solutions based on your previous knowledge what is that and how serious if I continue driving. (Honda Pilot 06 with 102K) Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Were you able to find the cause of your code? My ‘06 is throwing the same code but I am not having any issues. Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Pilot EX 4WD, 2007 Accord DX Sedan, 2.4L
8 Posts
According to the Chilton manuals, this can only be caused by electrical issue, NOT a mechanical issue. The first troubleshooting step is to inspect the Transmission Range Sensor. There is a way to check continuity. If it fails, then this item will need to be replaced. Let me know if you can't find the instructions/steps on the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts