Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Dank my bad it is p0523 code !!
so which senor should I replace ? I'll try and get part today and change ??

Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
I asked about the code to recheck. The post title says P5023 instead of P0523?
That's good the engine is running smoothly. Hopefully just a bad sensor.
I probably shouldn't have assumed that it was a P0523 code, but I am not aware that there is a P5023 code, and we all have finger dyslexia when typing sometimes. At least I do. 馃榾

Registered
[FIXED IMAGES] Maybe should edit the title to "P0523", as we keep referring to the incorrect PID. As for troubleshooting, this isn't a simple switch but an active pressure sensor. If it reads higher than about 4.8v at key ON, it'll set a code. While it could be e a defective SENSOR, it's always good to check for critter wire nibbling, green crusties at the connector, etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for all the help Fella's.
I was just outside and checked both front and rear sensors they have one wire connectors. When I checked volatge I get battery voltage at both of them. 12v give or take .
I looked for critter damage and and loose wires and found nothing I am not able to clear the code because it is a "permanant" code. It is tell me code P0523 Rocker Arm oil pressure sensor (A) High voltage

Registered
Hmm...directly from the Honda 2012 Pilot service manual

Registered
Although, I just noticed that there are "oil pressure switches" and a "oil pressure sensor". I beleive you are after the latter, for P0523.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
So I had some time this morning pulled the connector plug off sensor. didnt see any corrosion or and damage.I checked the 3 pic connector .I had 4.8v on two of the pins .with key on engine not running. Is that right?

Registered
I believe 4.8v or higher, back probing the sensor connector (while plugged onto the sensor) or reading the voltage data PID with the key on, means the sensor or wiring is toast. From what I can tell from manual, it should be ~ 0.8v engine off, key on.

Registered
Yes. The sensor is a variable resistance to ground. A bad connection or failing sensor causes the voltage to read high. Try removing and reseating the connector a couple times to self-wipe the contact area. If you still have the DTC showing, new sensor should do it for you.

Reactions: AVC

Registered
I see DrBob stepped up in my absence to confirm. Did you replace the sensor? OEM or aftermarket? You should be able to clear the CEL light with a scan tool, but the code may persist in PCM memory for a certain number of start cycles.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts