Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

P0432, P2671 With multiple cylinder misfires

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Nail Grease 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, my 2006 Pilot had an issue last night where it suddenly started running very rough and barely made it back home. I had several check engine codes when I scanned including the following:

P0432 - Catalyst 2 Efficiency Below threshold Bank 2
P2671 - Actuator Supply Voltage B Circuit High
P0300, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306 - cylinder misfires on all cylinders except #1.

Since we bought this car a year ago it has had an intermittent P0420, which is another Cat converter code that would come and go on it's own. It did not show up last night.

I am a little at a loss on where to start on this issue. Any help on possible causes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#2 ·
This morning I moved the Pilot into the garage and check the codes with another scanner. The car started fine this morning with no signs of the misfires an rough running from last night. I didn't clear the codes last night so I checked them again with a second scanner. The codes were slightly different than I got last night with a P2647 and P0420 instead of the P2671 and P0432 I got on my other scanner. The misfire codes were all the same. I cleared the codes this morning and took it for a long drive with no issues, The P2647 is "Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch Circuit High Voltage" and from what I could find on line it could be due to low oil or dirty oil. I checked the oil level and it was about 2 quarts low. This is my daughters car and I change the oil when the maintenance light comes on, and haven't noticed it using oil in the past.

I added oil and am going to drive it for a few days and see if the trouble comes back. Also going to have a look under the car and see if anything is leaking oil.

If anyone has any other ideas on what this could be I would greatly appreciate it.

#3 ·
If the oil is not 'clean', I wopuld at least change the oil and filter- before that silly MM says so.

At least you didn't immediately change all plugs, coils, and O2 sensors, or have all your valves adjusted!! Good call.

One sensor code tends to set off others. Usually it's one causing the others.

Good luck

#4 ·
4wd or 2wd?
May need to replace the oil pressure switch.
The transmission code may be another issue. What is the condition of the ATF? Do you know what kind is in it since Honda Z1 ATF is no longer available?

#7 ·
Sorry for the delay,
This is the transmission code.
P2671 - Actuator Supply Voltage 'B' Circuit High
Possible causes...
  • Faulty Transmission Solenoids
  • Transmission Solenoids harness is open or shorted
  • Transmission Solenoids circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
I'd start with canging to Valvoline MaxLife ATF before replacing any transmission parts. I'd Inspect and clean solenoid connections.
The P2647 may be caused by a faulty vtec oil pressure switch.
Part# 37240-PT0-014
The low oil level may be the cause.

#6 ·
Oil and filter.

Are you burning oil or leaking it? If leaking, try this 12 buck solution first.

Unless it really is way too far gone, one thing you should try is AT-205. You very well may save yourself a lot of money and a lot of chasing. You’ll not only be resurrecting this old thread, but also resurrecting your old Pilot. What've you got to lose except for 12 bucks? Should show improvement after about five hours of running time.

More Information for ATP AT205

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ATP-AT-205-Re-Seal-Stops-Leaks-8-Ounce-Bottle/129490770

Amazon.com: ATP AT-205 Re-Seal Stops Leaks, 8 Ounce Bottle: Automotive

I note today that it's out of stock at Rockauto.com and that the price if you can find it elsewhere has gone up to about 15 bucks. The only explanation I'm willing to entertain is that my huckstering is incredibly effective and they've got to charge more to make up for that fat kickback check I assume is finally on its way. :D

Still very much worth a shot, though, seriously.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.