Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
That should help your pilot run smoother for sure
It's seeming to already. Better idle. But I still have p0420 check engine light. I got the rest of the parts in. Going to do egr gasket and cleaning, Pcv valve, and I got the S chip thing Nail Grease swears by. Hopefully all going in this weekend. Crossing fingers that helps the code. Don't really want to do cats.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Pick a freeway, and take your girlfriend for a 100 mile drive to a nice place for lunch. Preferably 100 miles at 75 mph. Of course, the drive home will be the same. It may help to burn some crap out of the cats. If not, you had a nice drive, and the girlfriend is happy.

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Pick a freeway, and take your girlfriend for a 100 mile drive to a nice place for lunch. Preferably 100 miles at 75 mph. Of course, the drive home will be the same. It may help to burn some crap out of the cats. If not, you had a nice drive, and the girlfriend is happy.
Will do. Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Will do. Thanks.
did you ever fix your error? i didn't do any of that egr pcv s-vcm or anything, just installed new plugs and put a defouler on the bank1 sensor2, (it has thrown a check engine light for about 20 mins twice in the past week but passed smog like a champ. didnt even need to change my cat, still have the one i ordered sitting here. the bank1 cat 0420 never came back and all is running great. (just took it camping and drove it 300+ miles each way) ((i was putting premium gas for at least 3 full tanks to make sure the cat was doing well. )) i feel like the first time i saw this error was when i was in utah 3 years ago and thought it would be such a cool idea to use the 2$ 85 octane gas.

i will install the s-vcm but really i have no issues with the transmission or shuttering or anything when the eco comes on, i am getting about 20-23 miles per gallon with the pilot loaded down with at least 1500+ pounds up and down the mountains, even installed a hitch holder to put more stuff on the back.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts