Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not having the best of luck with my 2016 EX-L. Back in 30,000 miles, my emissions light came on. I brought it the dealer and was diagnosed as a software update. At 33,000 miles, it came back on. This time they replaced the injectors. At 63,000 miles, the "Christmas light" effect happened, meaning all warning light started flashing - Hill Assist, Air Bag , Emission, everything!!!. While driving home, the car started to jerk like it was about to run out of gas. Car got towed to the dealership. This time, they replaced the cam sensor, pulley, camshaft, seals and rings, etc.

I have never in my car life had to replace a camshaft unless I take it out to mod it or broke it due to over-rev during racing but certainly not at 60k miles on an SUV!!! At any rate, this was covered under Powertrain warranty (good thing I also have extended warranty). This solved the issue until last week at 65,000 miles. The same exact problem P0369. The diagnosis - Damaged cam sensor. Honda tech line told the dealer to replace the whole head assembly, including everythong they replaced before.

Yes these are all covered under warranty but what happens when my warranty expires? Did I buy a lemon that came out late? Do you guys have the same issues?

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a 2019 ex and 3rd time in 2 weeks check engine light came on. Car only has 1500 miles, thinking this is a lemon. Honda reliability has fallen for sure.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have 2016 EX and I just broke 33k mark. Sorry to hear about the issues, I definitely understand your concern. Just gotta hope that wont happen anymore.

Sent from Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not having the best of luck with my 2016 EX-L. Back in 30,000 miles, my emissions light came on. I brought it the dealer and was diagnosed as a software update. At 33,000 miles, it came back on. This time they replaced the injectors. At 63,000 miles, the "Christmas light" effect happened, meaning all warning light started flashing - Hill Assist, Air Bag , Emission, everything!!!. While driving home, the car started to jerk like it was about to run out of gas. Car got towed to the dealership. This time, they replaced the cam sensor, pulley, camshaft, seals and rings, etc.

I have never in my car life had to replace a camshaft unless I take it out to mod it or broke it due to over-rev during racing but certainly not at 60k miles on an SUV!!! At any rate, this was covered under Powertrain warranty (good thing I also have extended warranty). This solved the issue until last week at 65,000 miles. The same exact problem P0369. The diagnosis - Damaged cam sensor. Honda tech line told the dealer to replace the whole head assembly, including everythong they replaced before.

Yes these are all covered under warranty but what happens when my warranty expires? Did I buy a lemon that came out late? Do you guys have the same issues?

What are your thoughts?
Just recently, the same thing happened to my wife's 2016 EX-L. All the lights in the dash started flashing, and the car wanted to die on her like it was out of gas. I also got a P0369 code. Thank God she has extended warranty. The car is at the dealer right now to find out what is the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts

What are your thoughts?
The other day the same exact thing happen to my 2016 Pilot at 55,000 miles. All the lights and car bucking like it was running out of gas. Pulled over, waited an hour and car ran fine. Over the next few days, drove it several times and car still fine.Called dealer, he said they would have to be able to reproduce the problem, which probably won't happen. Don't know what to do. Was your dealer able to reproduce the problem? Did Honda Tech authorize the fixes without the dealer reproducing the problem

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did any of your dealers check the battery to see if it was good?
I presume none of you have a VCM defeat device installed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts