Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I had the P0301 error code that resulted in my Honda going thru the TSB and resolving the issue. My quesiton is since I have had a weird leak. I am not sure what it is and am going to bring back into honda. It doesn't seem like a honda fluid at all and am hoping with the pictures someone might have seen it or have an idea. I can trace it up to the spark plug area on the back of the engine but there is where I can't find the source.

·
Registered
9,446 Posts
That's antifreeze. Yes, you need to find the source of the leak and repair. Hopefully it's not a head gasket. Is your exhaust white smoke?
Does your motor oil look normal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's antifreeze. Yes, you need to find the source of the leak and repair. Hopefully it's not a head gasket. Is your exhaust white smoke?
Thanks for the reply. It is being dropped off today, oil did appear normal. Given they just redid everything maybe something was missed. I will report back after the work is done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update. Picked it back up today, head Gasket was leaking again already. It only made it to 1600 miles since the last replacement, of course under warranty still. Hoping it lasts longer now. Also hopefully no damage was done as maybe it was leaking from day 1 and I never noticed it. Thanks for the advice on what it was.

·
Registered
9,446 Posts
Update. Picked it back up today, head Gasket was leaking again already. It only made it to 1600 miles since the last replacement, of course under warranty still. Hoping it lasts longer now. Also hopefully no damage was done as maybe it was leaking from day 1 and I never noticed it. Thanks for the advice on what it was.
I'd open up a ticket with Honda. Send the photos. A bad head gasket can cause antifreeze to leak into the oil which can ultimately lead to engine failure. I'd be asking for a new engine or a really really long extended warranty.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
This has to be Tech stupidity on Honda ..there really is not much involved in replacing a head gasket. They must have pinched it while putting everything back. Glad you got it resolved ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts