Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Pilot LX FWD, 203K miles

I have been receiving P0300 (generic misfire code) and P0301 - P0306 (misfire in cylinder 1 through cylinder 6) off and on for the last 35K miles. I've replaced the plugs with new ones from Bernardi Parts, so they're Honda spec plugs. I've been running good gas through it ever since I got it. Those are the easy fixes everyone seems to recommend, but I'm still getting all of these codes.

I've seen recommendations to swap coil packs around to see if that fixes the problem, or if the code switches to a different cylinder, but that seems to only apply if I was getting a code for a single cylinder. Since I've got codes for all six cylinders, either all of the packs went bad, or it's something else.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
814 Posts
2007 Pilot LX FWD, 203K miles

I have been receiving P0300 (generic misfire code) and P0301 - P0306 (misfire in cylinder 1 through cylinder 6) off and on for the last 35K miles. I've replaced the plugs with new ones from Bernardi Parts, so they're Honda spec plugs. I've been running good gas through it ever since I got it. Those are the easy fixes everyone seems to recommend, but I'm still getting all of these codes.

I've seen recommendations to swap coil packs around to see if that fixes the problem, or if the code switches to a different cylinder, but that seems to only apply if I was getting a code for a single cylinder. Since I've got codes for all six cylinders, either all of the packs went bad, or it's something else.

Any suggestions?
Are you overdue on setting the valve clearances? Perhaps clean the throttle body?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you overdue on setting the valve clearances? Perhaps clean the throttle body?
I didn't see anything in the shop manual about adjusting the valves. But I can certainly look into cleaning the throttle body.

If it is valves, I'm just trying to figure out why it would be intermittent? Seems like that would be more of an "always" thing, but if someone can explain it to me, I'd love the chance to learn something new.

I didn't mention it earlier, but I did recently rebuild the VTEC/VCM assembly on the back cylinder head. It was leaking a little bit of oil. But I think that would only affect the three rear cylinders.

Given that it is giving codes for all six cylinders, I was wondering whether it could be fuel related. Either a marginal pump or a partially clogged filter. Is that way off-base?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Start by checking the condition of the battery and its clamps/cables, grounding points, alternator, and EGR passages in the intake top plate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine does exactly the same thing. Clear the codes and it’s good for two or three days. Did the PCV valve, air filter, air snorkel. Intake gasket and the knock sensor. Should have done the valves when I had the intake off to fix the rat eaten wire and busted knock sensor. It has new plugs too. Still throws the 300 series every three days or so. Hope you get it fixed!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine does exactly the same thing. Clear the codes and it’s good for two or three days. Did the PCV valve, air filter, air snorkel. Intake gasket and the knock sensor. Should have done the valves when I had the intake off to fix the rat eaten wire and busted knock sensor. It has new plugs too. Still throws the 300 series every three days or so. Hope you get it fixed!
Strangely, I've not had the problems come back for a few weeks. I rebuilt the VTEC/VCM valve because it was leaking oil. At that time, the only code showing was P0420, which is something about the efficiency of the cat converter on the rear cylinder bank. Got that replaced two weeks ago. No codes now.

Fingers crossed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts