Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

P0132 (High Voltage O2 Sensor) code despite recenrly replacing all 3 O2 sensors with OEM Denso's

255 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  royalbiggster
I've had this code intermittently for a while, I've also had misfire codes that have become more frequent. I replaced all 3 O2 sensors back in August, and just yesterday replaced all spark plugs, spark plug seals, and coil packs. Misfires have stopped and the engine runs very smoothly. The CEL stayed off for a whole day so I thought I could finally get it inspected. But nope, the O2 sensor code came back.

Anyone have any suggestions? I need it to pass inspection and have the CEL stay off for at least a little bit.

P0132 - High Voltage O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Bolt - 2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
368 Posts
There are 4 O2 sensors, not 3. Two upstream (bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1) and two downstream (bank 1 sensor 2 and bank 2 sensor 2).

• Helpful
Reactions: plplplpl

· Registered
2003 Pilot EX-L silver
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are 4 O2 sensors, not 3. Two upstream (bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1) and two downstream (bank 1 sensor 2 and bank 2 sensor 2).
I'm pretty sure I replaced both upstream ones, and the one that sits right in front of the cat. I didn't realize there were 2 downstream ones.

Bank 1 sensor one is on the top of the engine, in the back of the bay? I really don't want to buy another one only for the code to come back

· Registered
Bolt - 2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
368 Posts
Bank 1 sensor one is on the top of the engine, in the back of the bay? I really don't want to buy another one only for the code to come back
Correct. Arguably the most annoying sensor to do out of them all.

There are always two downstream sensors, one for the cat on each bank.

Reactions: plplplpl
1 - 5 of 5 Posts