Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. First time posting. I just inherited my fathers 2013 Pilot after his passing. He had a VCMuzzler installed and a P0128 CEL was on. I drove it from MD to NC and the light never cleared. From what I’ve read, the Muzzler may be causing it. The blue is installed and he doesn’t have anything “lower” as I only found the red wire in the truck. I need the truck to pass inspection in NC so I removed the Muzzler today and reinstalled the factory plus in place. I drove to work, about 20 miles in the highway and the light is still on. Is there a quick way to reset? Keep driving? Battery? Fuse? Or see if Autozone will clear the code? Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
598 Posts
The P0128 can happen with the Muzzler sometimes, especially when the seasons change.

I've had auto parts stores tell me they won't clear codes because of liability reasons. If you don't have your own scanner, then you can reset the battery. But beware: if you need to pass emissions, this will also clear your readiness monitors. You will have to drive around for a bit for them to set again. The EVAP monitor, in particular, requires a specific drive cycle to set and can take some time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts