Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Community,

Would you be able to help me with determination of specific sensor (model number, Honda OEM vs Denso vs NGK?

Basically, I worked on my front brakes and rotors yesterday and my jack pump slipped (I know; was not smart of me to raise my truck by using front beam right after radiator). Nothing serious because I was already releasing it down, nevertheless it “touched” the sensor. And of course, with my luck, CEL immediately came on.
The sensor itself does not appear to be damaged but I definitely see small scratches and paint from my jack.
Sensor itself positioned at the center of Pilot , the first one after radiator right below the engine. I should have taken a picture but might do it over the weekend if I won’t get help here.

I think it is model 36532-RN0-A01 but wanted to get your feedback if possible. Will something after-market work such as Denso, Bosch, NGK? Is it easy to replace?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Order the sensor specific to the location on the car. It turns out that the sensors themselves are the same; It's the wire length and the connector that's location-specific. Any of those name brands will work.

It may take a few starts/stops to clear the MIL. And replace the sensor as soon as possible; the two closest to the engine (front bank, rear bank) are the ones used actively to manage the fuel injection. The ones behind the catalysts are compared and report CO catalysts function to the ECU.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys,

Went to mechanic and was told we need to replace precatically all sensors.
I know what sensor I damaged; there is no reason to replace all 4 of them.

I got OBD2 device and it shows me:
Oxygen Bank 2 Sensor 2.
I am attaching pictures: can someone be able to tell me what actual model it is?

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If you don't have it make your life a lot easier get the offset tool that helps remove O2 sensors ... and PB blast the hell out of it ..

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I am getting oxygen sensor socket already.
What do you mean “PB blast the hell out of it”?
those sensors are sometimes rusted in place .. PB blaster is one of the many different products out there that will help free the rust

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey guys,

Went to mechanic and was told we need to replace precatically all sensors.
I know what sensor I damaged; there is no reason to replace all 4 of them.

I got OBD2 device and it shows me:
Oxygen Bank 2 Sensor 2.
I am attaching pictures: can someone be able to tell me what actual model it is?

Thank you
You MUST replace all the sensors. The mechanic has 3 kids and are all starting college soon. That mechanic may be the best in the world but is a fking thief. Those sensors rarely fail. Many years ago yes, newer ones no. As Tahoe mentioned definitely PB it (its great stuff)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Replaced this one sensor. The CEL is gone.
While I could easily unscrew the sensor itself, I could not disconnect it from the top connector. Not sure how one’s arm can get into that tiny space.
Took it to mechanic to do the rest. He had some tools and it still took him more than 40 min.
Anyway, thank you for advice on sensor.
Only one was required and not “ALL”.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts