Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks....

I successfully programmed my garage door opener to be used with my Pilot's Homelink system. A few hours later, when my wife was pulling into the driveway, the Mercedes that she was driving (also equipped with Homelink) is now NOT working.

Any tips?

·
Registered
919 Posts
It's possible that in the process of adding the integrated remote for the Pilot, that you reset the opener. When this is done, it clears the list of authorized remotes that can open that door. It's easy to do on some models because it's often the same button used to add a remote, with the only difference being how long you hold the button in. I would go through the procedure that came with your opener to add her remote back in and pay close attention to how long you hold the button. Hope all works out well.

Chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been having difficulty in getting the Homelink to program to my garage door opener. My garage door opener has a roaming security feature but according to the Homelink website is supported with the brand. I cleared and tried the rolling sequence several times to no avail. Anyone out there run across the same issue? My remote works fine and I'll live with it if I can't figure it out but....

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
pcbeck said:
I've been having difficulty in getting the Homelink to program to my garage door opener. My garage door opener has a roaming security feature but according to the Homelink website is supported with the brand. I cleared and tried the rolling sequence several times to no avail. Anyone out there run across the same issue? My remote works fine and I'll live with it if I can't figure it out but....
Here's a Homelink thread...
http://honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127
but I gotta tell ya, I haven't been able to get mine to work either. I'm sure its me... haven't really put alot of efort in it. I think I'm at the "call Homelink" stage. I've tried everything else.
Let me know if you have any luck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had trouble too. Try the procedure for clearing the Homelink, then program it. The times to hold the buttons can actually be much longer than specified.

·
Registered
373 Posts
We have a Chamberlin door opener with rolling codes.
Both of our vehicles (Honda and Toyota) homelink transmitters work fine.
I had a little trouble programming the Pilot's at first but now it's fine.
All I had to do was clear the Pilot's codes and then it worked exactly as in the manual.
For the built in transmitters to work on rolling codes you have to hold in the button for a second or two.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I've tried...

clearing the codes. Held the button for quite awhile until they flashed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Changed the battery, etc. sigh... I'll call Homelink when I can do it during the day from home. ooooo - Off on Friday. Wonder if they'll be there.
:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for everyone's assistance. I slept on it, cleared ther codes and went through the procedures for the rolling code, and presto--we have contact. The only thing I did different was hold the button longer on the Homelink and I had to do it THREE times before the synch took place. This is a great website for issues just like this.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Glad it worked, there's still hope for mine then. Hope to post same this weekend. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a lot of trouble with mine until I changed the batteries (read from an old post to do that) and tried on the far right button instead of the left most button. Try a different button if you are unsuccessful with the first.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Folks,

Thanks for the info. Finally got both my Honda homelink programmed.
It is a 2 step process (for the rolling code):
1. Homelink learn the code from your garage opener remote.
2. Set the rolling code
Just follow the procedues in the Pilot manual.
I was thinking the homelink can deal with the garage opener directly and skipped the step 1 and failed. Now everything is working and my wife is happy.

BTW, Someone mentioned their Mercedes homelink stopped working after they programmed their Pilot.
My Mercedes ML320's homelink still works after I added a Pilot & a TL to both of my garage openers.

Thanks again for the help !!

Tat
EXL-RES Sandstone, Weston MA.

:2:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've had trouble programmieng mine also.

I have 2 openers to do, one is a rolling code and one is not.
The one that is not a rolling code worked first time. In the process of trying to get the pilot to work I cleared all the codes, and I put the rolling code back into my Odyssey in about 10 seconds. I still haven't gotten the rolling code into the pilot. And like others, I haven't spent much time trying. My garage door opener with the rolling code is a Sears belt drive and about a year old, so it should easily be suported...

I'll get around to trying it again soon...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks to the previous posts and all you people's help, I finally got my Homelink working. The Homelink website made it really easy. When I originally got the car I tried for an hour, and it never worked. So thank you people a million times!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts