Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2019 Pilot EX-L. I've loaded a canoe on the roof and the tailgate does not have the capability of opening all the way. When I open it, I want it to just open as far as it can and rest there, but it freaks out and starts beeping. How do I override this so it will just rest? I want to do this so I can get my gear out of the tailgate. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I found the answer. You can stop it with the button on the gate or with the remote.

I'll leave the post here for others.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,274 Posts
Regretfully, I do not believe that the 2019 Pilot is equipped with programable tailgate height. Perhaps another 2019 Pilot owner can confirm this one way or the other.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Regretfully, I do not believe that the 2019 Pilot is equipped with programable tailgate height. Perhaps another 2019 Pilot owner can confirm this one way or the other.
Correct. My Odyssey had the capability to program the open height, but not the Pilot. Shouldn't be beeping unless you're trying to drive with tailgate open. I've seen posts where some have muted the beep using tape, but it's not easy to get to the beeper.

·
Registered
813 Posts
As daltongang stated above, you can’t program the height unfortunately. What you can do is hold the trunk release button for about 3 seconds or so and the trunk will manually open.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hold the tailgate outer handle button for a few seconds and the tailgate can be opened manually. The power tailgate can be turned off in the vehicle settings menu.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,274 Posts
Correct. My Odyssey had the capability to program the open height, but not the Pilot. Shouldn't be beeping unless you're trying to drive with tailgate open. I've seen posts where some have muted the beep using tape, but it's not easy to get to the beeper.
The tailgate will beep if it encounters an obstruction before opening completely. This I know for sure as I had done this a couple of times with the 2013 Pilot. It will also beep if there is an obstruction when closing the tailgate. Did that a few time as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all.
I confirmed that my 2019 Pilot does NOT have the feature where you can set the height. So, I can do it manually. Thanks for the solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts