Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be installing a hitch on my Pilot. It will be primarily used as a bike carrier. I worry about something or someone opening the rear hatch and have it banging into my bikes. Is there a way to disable having it open unless you're using the hatch handle?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Page 444 of the online owner's manual provided by Honda on the owner's site has this information for my 2019 Pilot. This is turned ON/OFF by using the Vehicle settings via the Custom settings and the Informational Screen. Check your owner's manual to see if anything has change for the 2022 models.

(A) Power Tailgate Keyless Open Mode Changes the keyless setting for when the power tailgate opens. Anytime*1/When Unlocked

(B) Power Tailgate Open by Outer Handle Changes the setting to open power tailgate by tailgate outer handle. Off (Manual only)/ On (Power/ Manual)*1

(C) Hands Free Access Power Tailgate* Changes the setting to open power tailgate by a swift forward in and out kicking motion under the rear bumper. ON*1/OFF

Appears you might want to change settings B and C (I noted these with those letters, not noted in the owner's manual as such or on the Informational Screen) The *1 footnote says not available on all models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts