Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this one under audio but nobody came with an input so may be in the problems could work

My CD player is not working correctly. when I'm driving for over 20 minutes my CD start jumping the sound of music and after few minutes is not sound when i took the CD out to check if is dirt it was extremelly hot I can say burning I let the CD cool off and start playing again for two minutes and again if i insert and other cd play for other 10 minutes and again the same problem.

Anybody with an idea what it is causing this.

(I'm using CD-R's )

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
colousa,
I dont have any suggestions but can tell you that I play a lot of CD-Rs in the CD player and did not see this problem ever in my Pilot. So its surely not due to CD-Rs...

Guess just take it to the dealer and have warrent work done:D

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you rami

I contact the dealer they need to replicate the problem. Are these guy going to drive for 20 minutes because never happen before, Iwas waiting for more than 30 minutes ( for My wife christmas shopping) listen to the CD's an not problem at all. So I do not if they can duplicate that problem, I guess

·
Registered
283 Posts
the particular CD itself may have been dirty/scratched. Most car cd players will skip and jump well before a home stereo will. I've noticed in my old truck the CD player would get nice and toasty when the heater was on. I haven't been on any long trips with CD's in so I couldn't confirm this happens in the Pilot.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
today I tested witout the engine runing, nothing the CD is cold.

After I tested with the engine idle, for 20 minutes, nothing CD still cold.

Look like is when in driving for a long periods (20 minutes or more) of time.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
What's the weather like in NY? Are you running heat out the center vent a lot?

Maybe that's the cause of your hot CDs (hot ducting heating your stereo) and maybe you have a loose vent connection blowing hot air inside the dash.

If you do go in for warranty work, make sure you have the disk nice and hot when you arrive. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
hot cd

I have noticed the same thing happening when driving for a long time, when I take the CD out and reinsert after lightly wiping it, it seems ok

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine are hot too!

On a ski trip, my wife swapped out the tunes and she noticed the CD was very hot. I touched it and I was a wee concerned, but it kept working and never skipped.

I have to agree with Tim, I think it has to do with the heat being on.
Maybe this is why it's not getting hot when the engine is not running or when you just had it at idle, no heat.

I will have to check this out before the weather gets to warm.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all the time I use the defrost and leg vents.

I contact the dealer.... by phone they have to recreate the problem, but the request me to drop the truck at night to be check next day.

Means they have to made a trip of over 20 minutes to get the same problem? hummm...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts