Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a new thing has developed for us. 2017 EX-L. The outside temp is showing WAY off. The other day it was about 55 outside, showing -40. I tried resetting the system (unhooked battery for several minutes) thinking it would recalibrate but it did not. Anyone know if there’s a way to recalibrate or otherwise where the sensor is to try replacing it?

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
853 Posts
Sounds like a bad connection at the sensor, or possibly the sensor itself is defective. -40 F is probably as low as it reads when there is no signal from the sensor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Broken wire or bad sensor. Our house one did the same thing when the guys removing the siding broke it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would you happen to know the location? It’s looking like possible behind the front air dam/bumper area?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It should be on the inside of the bumper to the left of the red wires under the driver headlight. The wiring comes out of the plastic loom that runs near the bottom of the battery tray.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It should be on the inside of the bumper to the left of the red wires under the driver headlight. The wiring comes out of the plastic loom that runs near the bottom of the battery tray.
Thank you very much!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found and replaced the sensor. Now the display is showing all dashes inside. This vehicle has been involved in a couple of mild front end collisions so now I’m thinking the wiring harness may have some damage. Everything else fed by the harness is working. Considering replacing the harness as the next step. Thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I guess I would search the harness for damage and see if that's the problem. I would think about running wires just for the temp sensor instead of the whole harness. Splice new wire past damage use good connectors and heat shrink tubing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts