Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
It is on the bumper to the left of the red wires you see in my pic under the driver headlight. The wiring comes out of the plastic loom that runs near the bottom of the battery tray

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Not the big silver round thing, that's a compressor for my horns, the little black thing that looks kinda like a pen cap

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not the big silver round thing, that's a compressor for my horns, the little black thing that looks kinda like a pen cap
Thanks Keebz489, I did a search and found a few older posts of 1st gen LX owners trying to do this but no success. Has any 2nd gen LX owners done this mod successfully?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I doubt it. Unfortunately it seems the lx model might be missing wiring and connectors out of the wire harnesses. Honda accessories like the factory remote start cannot be installed on an lx. There are aftermarket ones available

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called Bernardi's and had them look up my VIN and it turns out my LX is equipped with the ambient temp. sensor but it is not showing on the display. I had some time today and removed and replaced it and still nothing. Ordered today and hopefully we are good to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any news on this? I just bought a 2015 "LX" model and it drives me nut that this model omits the temp sensor. Just was not worth the extra $2k it would have cost to go up to teh EX for this feature.

So... If i look at the LCD display where it should be at the right angle, you can see the outline of letters/numbers. I have not crawled around to see if the actual sensor is there (lots of sub-zero days since i got the thing).

Sounds like from these posts that 1)maybe the sensor is there, just not hooked up and 2) the display seems to have the space for the readout.

Any way we can connect the dots here and make this work?

·
Registered
701 Posts
You can see the sensor when the bumper is on, use a flashlight and get you more against the grill, or pop off the black plastic cover around the hood latch, comes off easy with a flathead screwdriver. As for if it has it do as jmig did and call up with your vin

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 Pilot Outside Temperature

Hi. Same here, my 2011 LX has factory installed outside temp sensor but no display. I suspect wires going to the display is disconnected somewhere. Does anybody have a wiring diagram for this? I would appreciate this very much. Thank you. Soon I get the wiring prints I can check the continuity of the wires and where the input signals go to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, same -- I can see the factory installed outside temp sensor on the bumper but it doesn't show up on the display.

JasonS says that it's wired for temp, but the sensor on the bumper on LX models is just a dummy, and that the fuse for it is probably missing: New members: ask here instead of starting new thread
On this thread, the upshot is that even though the sensor is there, the software to make it actually show up on the dash is not:

Also unanswered here about 2011 LX: Outside ambient AIR temp sensor
How to do this on a CR-V: Ambient temp gauge on LX trim, they do it on CRV!!!
Asking about a 2019 LX: Ambient temp display possible on 2019 LX?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts