Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2019 pilot inside rear wheel always gets torque while cornering other than out side rear wheel. Is it normal?
Is it supposed that rotating outside rear wheel faster than the front wheels while cornering according to (i-VTM4) AWD System?

I tried to driving it on highway and local road, my inside rear wheel always get torque while I was cornering. I am confused.

Could any one have a better knowledge to explain it? or has a the same situation like mine?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
When cornering, my display always shows the outside wheels getting more torque. Turning right, left wheels get more torque as I accelerate.

·
Administrator
15,579 Posts
The differential on every driven axle of every vehicle allows different speeds for each wheel. This is necessary as each wheel travels a different distance every time you turn a corner.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L, 265-60-18 on Ridgeline rims
365 Posts
Read up on Active Torque Vectoring. It is designed into the system a slightly revised version from the Acura SH-AWD (super handling -all wheel drive). More power to outside to help push you through the turn.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is weird. My pilot inside rear wheel always gets torque while cornering. Is it possible that I did not hit gas pedal very hard? I will try hit it hard. Hope that it is not the problem with my pilot.

·
Registered
468 Posts
How can you read whether torque is sent to any wheel? Is it displayed somehow in a 2019 Pilot?

Yes eye candy for the 2019 AWD. Something to stare at before you rear end someone, or drive off the side of the road while trying to figure out the readings.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After some test, found that if keep pressing gas pedal without change too much speed, my pilot inside rear wheel always gets more torque while cornering.

If pressing gas pedal much harder and accelerate, outside rear wheel gets more torque while cornering, as Honda claims

Case closed. Thanks all of your input.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey, try this in sport mode. i noticed that the torque distro is more aggressive and is actually fun going around the corners aggressively.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts