Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so it's a Rodeo but you get the gist.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
FORMER PASSPORT OWNER

I am SOOOO happy to be rid of the Passport!!!! It was well worth the wait for the Pilot!!!

Almost bought a MDX 18 months ago and am glad I didn't. Pilot has much more room and is more open!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Also a former passport owner

You took the words out of my mouth. We got our Passport in '99. The dealer even warned us before we bought it, "Now you know this isn't really a Honda.".Well it cant be that bad I thought. The first year and A half we owned it it was in the shop like four times. Couple times for breaks and once it just quit on my wife at a stop light and wouldnt restart. We had it towed to the dealer(still under warantee), never found the problem. The service manager drove it home for three days. No problems. Thank god for the Pilot.We went in in Dec. of '01, to trade it for a CR-V. The dealer said we might want to wait for the "Honda-built SUV" coming out in the summer. In January I went and put Money down on one. And picked ours up on the June 9th. :)
R.I.P. Passport

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
banningjr said:
OK, so it's a Rodeo but you get the gist.
Yeah ... I have a Passport loaner right now ... Just does not compare. The fuel economy is worse the ride is terrible, very very bouncy, and engine is notchy.

I can't wait to hand it back over to the dealer ... 1 more day ...

That silver looks great ... Silver is probably the hardest color to come by over here ... decided to go with Black ...

PrG

·
Registered
316 Posts
Great Choice PrG...

Good luck w/ the new color. Most of us don't get a second chance to pick.

·
Registered
113 Posts
PrJ :

Good luck with the new Black Pilot (next time make sure that you don't let that same mechanic work on your car, unless you want a different new color Pilot ).
I was wondering how will be black in Hawaii. I have a black and was planning to move to New Mexico for 3-5 years, but, was worried about the SUN.

Good Luck and................ WOW time for more pictures.

KE

·
Registered
509 Posts
Should we start a poll on what color PrG's next Pilot will be?!

Dealer boneheads! :13:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: Re: Out with the old

PrG said:

Yeah ... I have a Passport loaner right now ... Just does not compare. The fuel economy is worse the ride is terrible, very very bouncy, and engine is notchy.

I can't wait to hand it back over to the dealer ... 1 more day ...

That silver looks great ... Silver is probably the hardest color to come by over here ... decided to go with Black ...

PrG
PrG

I'm disappointed in you, thought we Northern VAers thought the white was cooler . . . . . :D

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I know I know ... but then I saw the leather interior and succumbed to temptation. You know color preference is never " a black and white " :D issue ... there is always a gray area in which you're willing to compromise the color choice ...

PrG

P.S.

Black is definitely more of a challenge to maintain ... paint blemishes, scratches, dents, etc. stand out and are highly visible as compared to a white or silver vehicle. Also, intervals between washings are more noticeable ... but if you're willing to put the effort into it, a highly polished black vehicle is a beautiful thing. Black does not refract light as well as white does ergo it heats up faster and retains it. This causes two problems, first the car's interior get's hot and second, the affects of the sun on your clearcoat will happen sooner than on a white vehicle. Pardon the grammar ... not sure if I said that right ... haven't had my coffee this morning .... But, parking in shaded area, avoiding bird droppings, keeping the vehicle regularly washed and waxed, using windshield screens when parked ... all attribute to the longevity of your vehicle and it's paint.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Just watch out for any tree sap!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts