Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse my ignorance....does this include EVERYTHING? Sales tax, tag, title.....In other words, if you ask a dealer for the otd price, are you talking about what you'd write the check for if you were paying cash? Or does it mean everything EXCEPT tax, tag, title?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
cat14 said:
Excuse my ignorance....does this include EVERYTHING? Sales tax, tag, title.....In other words, if you ask a dealer for the otd price, are you talking about what you'd write the check for if you were paying cash? Or does it mean everything EXCEPT tax, tag, title?
I've often heard the term, "On the Road" price, to describe the big fat check you write to cover EVERYTHING so you can drive off the lot. But, I'd think most salespeople would realize "Out the Door" price means the same thing.

·
Registered
393 Posts
EVERYTHING!!

EVERYTHING!! This way there are no other surprises and hidden costs.

I picked a price that included all accessories (not installed price) and MSRP and then knocked $1500 off that and worked it from there.

I ended up getting 2 dealers competing for my sale by calling each one up back and forth a few times and then finally printing their email quote (from dealer #1) to close the deal for even less (with dealer #2).:D

Trust me, I got turned away quite a few times, but you will eventually find a local dealer who wants to make a sale to meet their numbers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts