Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Internet purchase:
A dealership from California will be delivering my Pilot (Silver) this weekend. I live in Las Vegas. I am a little bit concern on the service I might get from the Honda dealership in town since I did not purchase my honda with them. I've been seeing post on some minor defects on the Honda Pilot such as paint blemishes on the Silver and Blue. I am worried if I bring this up to my local dealer they might not even entertain my complaints. Any thoughts or experience with this.

·
Registered
152 Posts
They will tell you to take your **** back to CA where you bought it from. These dealers are clowns, man!!! If you don't roll into their service drive with a neon sign the that says their name, the first question they ask is "Did you buy it here???" To which I reply, "Who gives a **** where I bought it???" What does that have to do with the reason I'm even here???

·
Registered
162 Posts
I highly disagree. I don't think a dealership cares where you bought your car from, they make money on service. If your car is under warranty, Honda pays the dealership for the work, conversely, if it's not under warranty you pay for it, either way the dealership is getting paid. There are many members here who have traveled great distances to get their Pilots because of price issues, but you can't expect them to travel hours or even to neighboring states to get their cars serviced. Do what is convenient for you.

PS) To gupt0014---lighten up, your posts are being bleeped everywhere on this board:14: :14: :14:

·
Registered
171 Posts
chiquita said:
PS) To gupt0014---lighten up, your posts are being bleeped everywhere on this board:14: :14: :14:
LOL :22: :30:

(like gupt at the dealer)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Never had a problem

Remember the warrenty is from Honda, not the dealer.
They won't even ask where you got the car when you drive in.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't think the service department will say to the mechanic working on your car, do a crummy job, he didn't buy it here!!The "Service" Department doesn't really care. The do a professional job regardless. Also people are constantly moving, so they don't take it personally that you didn't buy it from them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sometimes the dealership service department will ask if you bought your car from the dealership because in this way they know if your car is in their database or not.

Normally the service department doesn't really care if your car was buying from this dealership or not. They do all kind of job that you require them to do with or without the warranty. In either way, they get their revenue from either the manufacture (HONDA) or you.

The only case, I think, will effect you is the FREE services. For example, free first time oil change, free loaner car, blah blah blah. But in the Honda case, I don't think they offer free loaner car. So you should be safe to bring to any dealership as you want.

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
486 Posts
What if you moved?

What if you moved from Vegas to Cleveland, Ohio? Any Honda dealer will be glad to service your vehicle no matter where you bought it. Period.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just reiterating what others have been saying. It does not matter where you buy the car as long as its under warranty.

We bought our accord in NY and moved to CA a few years ago. Went to the local dealership (a couple of them) for regular servicing. Not a single question asked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts