Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait another day! One of the largest S2000 events will be taking place on October 4th, 5th and 6th!:D :D :D

We'll be towing the S2000 with the Pilot because we are combining the event with a vacation to New York City and plans to visit my family in Edgewater, New Jersey!:)

I can't wait to take some pics of the trip. Hopefully all goes well and we are left with nothing but fond memories.

Anyone here think I'll have a problem towing the S2000 using a dolly? The S2000 only weighs 2500 lbs.

·
Registered
486 Posts
You have my dream set-up! I am so jealous but can't seem to get my wife to trade in her Odyssey...
The S2k is light enough to be on a full trailer- wouldn't that be safer than a dolly? Don't forget to post pics!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Airgate, I am so jealous! I just traded in my 2001 Spa Yellow S2000 on a new Pilot EXL-Res for my wife it was only yesterday but I miss her a lot. I just couldn't keep them both. Enjoy the trip, I am sure it will be alot of fun.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I hope that dolly has brakes, most dont. If not, you'll be WAY over the safe or recommended capacity of the Pilot.:eek:

Al

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have to agree on using a trailer instead of the dolly. Why risk it. I have towed a camper weighing about 3300, with no problems. Have fun

·
Registered
21 Posts
I towed my boat this past weekend without separate brakes and it did fine. I did not really notice any difference. It weighs in about 2200# . I had towed it previously for years with Jeep GRan cherokees and you could really tell it was back there when it came time to stop. The pilot does much better. When I unhitched it and drove later you could not tell any difference in braking.

The part of the hitch that the ball mounts on that came with the hitch did not fit very tight though. There was a lot of place between it and the square receiver mounted on the hitch. I used an older version from previous hitches and it fit much better and eliminated the play when towing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts