Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are just hours away from our new Pilot! :D

Hopefully everything will go well at the dealership. We really needed a new vehicle (replacing a 10 year old Explorer that I bought from an individual when it was 3 years old).

I have spent many hours on this website (and before that on the MDX site) and want to thank everyone for making this such an informative place to be. I even used information I learned here to negotiate a small discount off of MSRP! :2:

Enough for now. Got to get my beauty :23:

'03 White EX (in 7 1/2 hours)
'90 Volvo 240 DL Wagon

·
Registered
120 Posts
new pilot arrival

Just hours away, huh? How can you sleep? Ours is still weeks away. We are jealous. We passed on a Taffetta White in favor of a Havasu Blue, so we, (mostly I) watched sadly as they put the white one back on the lot. Our build date for the blue model is 8/11, so we wait, sort of patiently. Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Boy am I envious. I still have three weeks or so before I get mine. I to am also trading in a 10 year old explorer with 120,000. Could take the wip lash any longer.

I am sure you'll enjoy it let us know if there is anything we need to know.

:7:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Howdy Ag - Congrats and I can understand your anxiety. Don't forget to print out the pre-delivery check-list and make sure you check everything.

discount off MSRP == Now that makes me jealous :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
:21::21:

:21: Yeee-Haa :21:

:21::21:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Congrats ...

PrG

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
03pilot said:
Don't forget to print out the pre-delivery check-list and make sure you check everything.
:)
Thanks, 03pilot. Actually, the pre-delivery check list was a big help. I took my time and looked at my Pilot in the sun and in the shade. It's interesting what a difference that makes.

My Pilot had 2 visible flaws. The left middle roof rack mount had a tooling mar that was virtually invisible in the shade--but pronounced in the bright sun light. They are going to replace that part.

The only other problem was a tiny paint flaw on the bumper. About the diameter of 1/2 of the head of a pin, it didn't get painted, although it was clearcoated. As a result, it looked like a tiny black dot against the white paint. It was aggravating, but tiny and, although it grieved me to do it, I had them place a tiny speck of touchup paint over it. Oh well, we plan to keep our pilot for 7-10 years and by that time, (shudder) I'm sure there will be more than a few nicks on the paint.

We are really happy to have our new Pilot. With two small kiddos, I am proud that (compared to our '92 explorer) we have significantly increased our family's auto safety.

For everyone who is still awaiting delivery, hang in there. It's worth it.

'03 White EX (it's official as of 7/27/02)
'90 Volvo 240 DL Wagon

·
Registered
481 Posts
Just bought the pilot on Friday and am picking it up Monday. Paid MSRP for EX at Joyce Honda in Denville, NJ.

Can't wait to drive it, after reading all the posts on this site!

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pre delivery checklist

Thanks for your response, but I can't get into that site for some reason. Do you have another link to somewhere else?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pilsner

Acuramdx site is currently, as they say, experiencing technical difficulties. Keep trying back. I used the checklist and was glad I did.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: Re: Pre-delivery checklist

03pilot said:
Can you give us a full URL? This one has the elipsis (a/k/a - dots) indicating that a part of the URL is missing.

My Pilot is coming in in two weeks (or so) and I wanna do this too. Its sounds VERY cool to do.

TIA :31:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can go to acuramdx.org and run a search.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Isn't there an alternative place with the checklist, see as how acuramdx.org is down?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have requested admin to look into this issue of eing able to find that checklist even though the acuramdx.org site is down. Admin has been able to still allow access to that forum via
www.honda-pilot.org/forumsmdx
But I still can't do a search there for pre-delivery checklist.

I have a printed copy of the checklist at home and can scan and upload if absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's not necessary.... yet. If I can't get the last by the time the car comes in, I'll ask for it. Thanx for the offer!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Since the acuramdx.org site is back up, i was able to do a quick search and get the pre-deliver checklist that we used before we took our delivery of the Pilot.

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2802&highlight=delivery+checklist

I will try and copy and paste it another thread which the admin can try to make it stick-y so that other members can use it directly here instead of being redirected to the acuramdx.org.

Hope no one else has any problems with that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts