Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Finally got around to taking a few pics of our new Havasu Blue (I wonder what the Havasu think about this name...?) LX. I installed the roof rack and rear splash guards last weekend. Comments invited!

regards,
Phil Reedy

·
Registered
797 Posts
Wow. Looks good. Welcome to the club. First LX I have seen. Did not know about the black stripe on the doors. Makes it look distinctive. See you got the roof rack added.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks Great !!!!

I didn't know, it came with tinted back windows. Next you need to install bug deflector to compliment that side moulding, IMHO.

KE

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Very Nice! I like the wheels! :29:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah, I really like those wheels too. Kinda reminds me of the Star Trek badge. Where did you get 'em?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looks EX-ish now. Very Cool.:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Threadhead wrote: " Yeah, I really like those wheels too. Kinda reminds me of the Star Trek badge. Where did you get 'em?"

The wheels were on the Pilot when we found it. It came with the Bridgestone Dueler HTs that are standard for the LX (which have drawn no complaint from me!), so I guess that the dealer pulled the tires off the standard steel rims and put them on a set of Honda alloys. The wheels are quite nice (as are all of Honda's alloy wheels), and they compliment the Pilot nicely. Although the original asking price for the wheels was outrageous, they came down quickly when I told them to just put the standard wheels back on. The final price was $500 for the set, which is about what you would expect to pay for a nice set of alloys through Tire Rack.

I'm thinking about putting these wheels on my wife's new CR-V, which has the standard steel wheels, once all of these tires wear out. I just have to find out if the bolt patterns and offset match. Then I could get a really killer set of alloys from the Tire Rack or similar place....;)

regards,
Phil Reedy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Phil,

I am also going down a similiar route with my SS LX... I paid around $500 for alloys and now I have silver colored bodyside moulding on order ($270). I'm also thinking about doing the roof rack and that will be it (except for maybe tinting the windows). Can you post another picture with a closer shot of that roof rack? Thanks. Also, I wish we had gotten the blue vs the silver because its more unique... (How many silver sport utes do you see every day..)

Anyhow, thanks,

KR

·
Registered
919 Posts
Phil,

I can only see the pic in your avatar as Image Station broke the external access to anything contained in your original message. Could you attach pics straight to the message? I'm really liking the shot in the avatar, but I'd like to see more. Great looking ride!

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts