Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's finally here! Truck arrived about 3pm, we got there about 45 minutes later. Here's our baby in "swaddling clothes," still wrapped in the plastic. Won't be prepped until Monday, but we had to go take the baby pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Front view

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back view

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only 2.8 miles on the odometer

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inside, plastic still on the seats, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back view with hatch open.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The two fuses in the "Not an ashtray."
I had seen so many other posts about the "not an ashtray" I had to take this shot. The car was just off the truck, so without these fuses, only the driver's window worked (both down AND auto-up), door locks didn't work.
Fan worked. It turned on full blast when I turned on the aux power to see the odometer. Didn't try any other electrical things.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back view with storage area open, which contains headphones and remote for the RES. (The famous black plugs were in the glove box too, we checked.)

I took a bunch more but I ought to stop here. Let me know if there are any requests for how anything else looked, fresh off the truck. :2: Now we just have to wait for Monday evening after she is prepped!

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Havasu and Tibbitts,

I'm so very happy to see that your Pilot finally found it's way to Lexington. So I'm guessing that you will be camping out in the parking lot until Monday? It looks great and all of the waiting will be worth it.

Best of luck,
Chris

PS - Aren't you supposed to give exact stats with these types of birth announcements? You know, height, weight, apgar scores, etc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
:29:

She's a beauty!! Congratulations.

Lots of luck!!!

I hope to be on your chart soon myself with a distant cousin. Are you going for the sunroof?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ejpnyc said:
:29:
I hope to be on your chart soon myself with a distant cousin. Are you going for the sunroof?
Nope, we were never that serious about the sunroof, took all the pictures only because we could. It would be nice but not worth the trouble and money at this point.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulation,what a beautiful baby...

The odd thing is, I know just how you must feel. I felt the same way almost 3 weeks ago! When someone has waited so long for delivery, and spent so much time one this forum, it is almost as if a baby has been delivered!
But it is such a great feeling! Hard to explain, but so nice.
I brought several digital pictures to work the day after my Starlight Siler Pilot ( I cal her Silver ) was delivered and my colleagues acted nice, but surprised. I am not sure if they were jealous or worried.
What you are experiencing right now is so special, so enjoy it, and Congratulations.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Good color choice! Glad you joined the club.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In your dreams

Just picked it up tonight!

It was parked in the delivery area when we arrived ... with our salesman gesturing toward it with a big grin on his face..

Now here's something you don't see every day...

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Gee, I wonder if that was set up to draw people to the dealership. They make every minute with these puppy's count don't they! It looks great all shined and ready to go.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well there was a big Honda Clearance going on... but not on Pilots! It just so happened that the sign was over the delivery area.
We got a big kick out of it!!! Unfortunately we didn't get a clearance price!

On the way home we learned all the ways to turn off the DVD in the back and cause a loud noise ("HEY!") while the kids were watching "Lord of the Rings."

·
Registered
919 Posts
Glad to hear that you were able to take delivery last night. I was thinking about you guys when I was out detailing my Pilot. So what are your initial impressions? Did you take it out for a cruise on the town?

Also, great taste in movies to break in the DVD player. My cousin and I went to see LOTR on opening day (didn't do the midnight show, but the first AM show). Of course, we are both typical IT geeks! We already have our plans set for The Two Towers.

Chris

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Excellent ... it's a real beauty ...

PrG

·
Registered
120 Posts
first impressions

To be honest, we haven't spent enough time in it to really say. We did drive around town for about 2o minutes while we were waiting for the financial people to finish the paperwork, but it was almost 10:00 P.M. by the time we finally left the lot, and with it being a school night, we had to come straight home. The kids love the DVD. When mom and dad hit the wrong button on the control panel, we hear about it. It is a beauty. I am glad we held out for the blue, even though the extra 6 week wait almost killed me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts