Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We originally purchased a Passport but the dealership we bought it from, signed contract with VIN, had to get the car from its sister dealership. They sold the car and didn't say anything until a truck pulled up to bring it to us. We had ordered mats, etc. for the Passport and obviously upset at the dealership for treating us this way.

I'm now grateful as I'm not a fan of black interior, hate the darkness inside the cart from it and the fact it shows every lost hair from our 4 legged children. We purchased an EX-L Pilot with the beige interior, much lighter. The 3rd seat will probably never go up, but it will provide more room for the kids behind the second seat.

I find the stock stereo to be very poor and have ordered out some Dynamat, speakers and an amp to correct that. I'm very happy to get 18" wheels as the 20" are too difficult to find good snow tires for; we have an interesting mile and a half dirt drive that gets to be very entertaining during the winter snows and early Spring mud season.

Going from a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland to the Honda is definitely a drop in interior quality but I'm hoping Honda's cheap plastic is easy to clean.

I'm hoping this forum helps me to learn the various nuances of the Pilot. Looking forward to it being the last vehicle in my life; just an old fart here. Hope it's as good mechanically as my two Accords were.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Wow, So you have a new 2021 Pilot now?
Pics, or it never happened LOL

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I find the stock stereo to be very poor and have ordered out some Dynamat, speakers and an amp to correct that. I'm very happy to get 18" wheels as the 20" are too difficult to find good snow tires for;
IMO the 20" look awesome in the showroom but the 18" wheel size has some "real world" benefits. Survivability for the unexpected potholes in life, less spendy replacement tires with a wider selection.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Bummer that the dealership treated you poorly, but it sounds like it all worked out. Good call on the 18” rims; I couldn’t imagine what it would be like to hit a pothole with the 20” rims with 1” of tire sidewall. Enjoy your Pilot.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
Good call on the 18" rims. Way more tire choices. Not sure what your factory tires are on a Passport. Just hope it's not those Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport AS that comes on a Pilot.

It sounds like you want this vehicle to to last past the warranty. I'd disable the VCM to prolong the life of the engine and transmission.

·
Registered
8,964 Posts
We originally purchased a Passport but ...

We purchased an EX-L Pilot with the beige interior, much lighter. The 3rd seat will probably never go up, but it will provide more room for the kids behind the second seat.

I find the stock stereo to be very poor and have ordered out some Dynamat, speakers and an amp to correct that. I'm very happy to get 18" wheels as the 20" are too difficult to find good snow tires for; we have an interesting mile and a half dirt drive that gets to be very entertaining during the winter snows and early Spring mud season.

Going from a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland to the Honda is definitely a drop in interior quality but I'm hoping Honda's cheap plastic is easy to clean.
If interior quality and audio system performance are critical factors, then, at the same price point as a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, you should have been looking at an Acura MDX.

There seem to be numerous choices available among winter tires in sizes to fit the 20" wheels on either a Passport or a Pilot.
How is it that you had trouble finding them? Where did you try shopping for those winter tires?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts