Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife can't reach to clean off the top well. When the car heats up, if she hits the brakes, the snow will slide off the roof and onto the windshield. It's dangerous. I haven't had this happen so frequently with other SUV's.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey!!! That's not a Pilot!

How can I be sure those steps will work on a Pilot?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I would just step on the top of my rear tires to reach the roof when cleaning. The running boards are just barely good enough for me to reach the front part of the roof.

·
Registered
166 Posts
ChuckW said:
Hey!!! That's not a Pilot!

How can I be sure those steps will work on a Pilot?

Looks like a 1996 - 1999 Toyota Rav 4. I've had 2 of those of the years and like them. Then I saw the Pilot and became "One with the body - Landru".

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Have you tried one of those snow scraper/brushes with a long handle?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Or....

You could take off really fast and watch it come off the back...or stop fast and watch it hit the ground in front of you. But then...maybe that's just the lazy way to do it. I'll have another Chai and let you know later.

Don

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
My problem's not snow, but water. Whenever it rains, I stop at least once during a trip and a wall of water from the roof tidal waves down the windshield, temporarily obscuring visibility.

I can watch the effect on the hood, as the water beads up and runs back toward me while in forward motion, but rapidly reverses course and splashes off the hood when I hit the brakes to stop. The hazards of a well-polished Pilot.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
jay said:
My problem's not snow, but water. Whenever it rains, I stop at least once during a trip and a wall of water from the roof tidal waves down the windshield, temporarily obscuring visibility.

this might help...:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
tracy said:
Have you tried one of those snow scraper/brushes with a long handle?
Either that, or for more extension, a broom! For those with running boards, it may also help a little to step up on them.

I also experienced the sudden "downshift" of snow/ice onto the windshield, and it scared the crap out of me!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
ramirami said:

this might help...:D
Looks like a refugee from the psychodelic '70s!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
colorider said:

But who would remember those times???? :eek:

:2:
Whoa, I've gone and told on myself, haven't I?????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts