Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I can't complain. My 2013 Pilot's battery died (while parked in the garage). I purchased the vehicle new in June of 2013. It has 30k original miles. I did some research but thought I would ask for personal recommendations for a new battery. I'm looking for a very good replacement and not anything cheap. Thoughts?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Walmart EverStart Maxx.

Unless you belong to Costco, then whatever they sell.
Thanks. I do belong to Costco but never thought about getting a battery there.

·
Registered
8,937 Posts
Thanks. I do belong to Costco but never thought about getting a battery there.
Another option, if you belong to AAA, is their mobile battery replacement service.
They'll come to you and install a new battery.
It's not the cheapest option, but it's the most convenient.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another option, if you belong to AAA, is their mobile battery replacement service.
They'll come to you and install a new battery.
It's not the cheapest option, but it's the most convenient.
I do belong to AAA so another great option. I just watched the video you suggested. Excellent info. I think I'll be heading over to Costco or Walmart in the afternoon. Many thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I do belong to AAA so another great option. I just watched the video you suggested. Excellent info. I think I'll be heading over to Costco or Walmart in the afternoon. Many thanks
Costco doesn’t install, just sells them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
301 Posts
COstco are good, I have one in a car and one of their deep cylce in the camper. it shit the bed from my not charging well and they replaced it free and clear.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot EX-L AWD
10 Posts
If you are a member, Sams Club. Their batteries are manufactured by East Penn, one of the better manufacturers IMO.
Same with NAPA. NAPA around me is very competitive, generally cheaper than Advance AP with a discount code.

Other decent choices: Costco (Interstate) or Walmart (you might get an East Penn produced battery there, depending on your location.)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
COstco are good, I have one in a car and one of their deep cylce in the camper. it shit the bed from my not charging well and they replaced it free and clear.
Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well you got 7 years out of the OEM battery, what's wrong with another one?
Good point. I don't even know what's in there. Guess it's time to have a look.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you are a member, Sams Club. Their batteries are manufactured by East Penn, one of the better manufacturers IMO.
Same with NAPA. NAPA around me is very competitive, generally cheaper than Advance AP with a discount code.

Other decent choices: Costco (Interstate) or Walmart (you might get an East Penn produced battery there, depending on your location.)
Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2012 Honda Pilot
26 Posts
I second getting an AGM battery. Cost a little more but should last 2-3 times longer. I got mine at Autozone for 2 different cars and they are still good. Stay away from Optima, they are not what they used to be.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,408 Posts
From what I've heard, AGM is unnecessary unless you have a ton of electronics in the car. I replaced my battery a few months ago and asked for recommendations. The general consensus was that AGM is shorter life and not enough benefit to justify the additional cost.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I also have always been told AGM doesn't necessarily last longer but isn't prone to having a bad cell cause an early demise and is more tolerant of being totally discharged or heavy discharge/recharge.

If our Pilot had rear entertainment or other devices that used a lot of power I'd consider it but when ours goes up I'll stick with the standard Walmart battery.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I replaced mine after 6 years and about 55k on my 2014. Group 24F/640CC(factory specs). I went with a local chain in my area called BiMart. Standard lead acid, around $77. Specs exceeded OEM specs and we don't have any extra electronics other than a ham radio. Comes from a good factory not that far from me. Interstate wanted between $140 -270. Currently Honda wants $173 for OEM, which is made in California. The OEM battery is still good and I maintain the charge. Now it's just a garage power source. I might get another year out of it for fun stuff.
Home Depot also carries Exide batteries. Their group 24F has 750 CCA and is only $99. Standard lead acid. Can't beat it.

·
Registered
8,937 Posts
Home Depot also carries Exide batteries. Their group 24F has 750 CCA and is only $99. Standard lead acid. Can't beat it.
Walmart EverStart Maxx 24F standard lead acid battery is also rated for 750 CCA and is currently priced at only $89.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts