Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$30330, EX-L with NAV. Redrock Pearl with Saddle interior.

I ordered 2 dealer options...

Fog lights. $499 installed.
Rear Mud Flaps. $79 installed.

The pricing on the options seemed a bit high but they wouldnt budge on it.

Does anyone have the cargo tray? Do you know if the Honda one fits better than the Weathertech one...I can get the weathertech one in tan to match the interior so Im leaning towards it...Ive already got the weathertech mats in my "shopping cart".

Cant wait to take delivery!! Dealer told us 6 - 8 weeks. This doesnt seem like a long time to wait but I just know the last week or so is going to be hell!!!

Thanks to everyone here for helping me come to the decision to buy the Pilot!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome!!

I don't know if it fits any better than the WeatherTech but I have the Honda cargo tray and it fits just fine. I actually like that it's black. I don't know if you already know, but you can always order from www.hondacuraworld.com and install accessories yourself. It's pretty hard to find prices like Tim's.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the hondacuraworld site.

Thoes installation instructions scare me!! :eek:

The thought of me ripping apart a brand new car...and my wife catching me doing it...ooooooooo, not good! :p

·
Registered
725 Posts
Mudflaps.....

The mudflaps are a dirt-cheap option (about $40) and they are a piece of cake to install.

I know it's only about 30-bucks less and there's no hassle, but hell, you should take that 30-bucks and buy yourself some beer to celebrate your great taste in vehicles.

·
Registered
407 Posts
labow said:
I like the hondacuraworld site.

Thoes installation instructions scare me!! :eek:

The thought of me ripping apart a brand new car...and my wife catching me doing it...ooooooooo, not good! :p
You're right. I would never try to install something like the foglights, but in the case of the rear mudflaps, I agree with PILOTinginCO, it doesn't take much expertise to install items such as these. Have you asked whether your dealer's parts dept will match prices. I've got my cargo tray and cover at the dealer in Tampa just because he virtually matched tim's prices.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Mudflaps.....

PILOTinginCO said:
The mudflaps are a dirt-cheap option (about $40) and they are a piece of cake to install.

I know it's only about 30-bucks less and there's no hassle, but hell, you should take that 30-bucks and buy yourself some beer to celebrate your great taste in vehicles.

I'm mechanically dis-inclined, and I agree. Just start drinking the beer after the flaps are installed. :7:

·
Registered
395 Posts
labow said:
Does anyone have the cargo tray? Do you know if the Honda one fits better than the Weathertech one...I can get the weathertech one in tan to match the interior so Im leaning towards it...Ive already got the weathertech mats in my "shopping cart".
Congrats newbie!

I have the Honda Cargo Tray and love it. It's my favorite aftermarket option.

·
Registered
360 Posts
labow said:
$30330, EX-L with NAV. Redrock Pearl with Saddle interior.

Congrats!

I also ordered my my '04 EX, Sandstone Metallic Pilot today! I am soooo excited! I'm in suspense, however, because the dealer is going to try to get mine from another dealer somewhere but if he can't he'll have to order it and I might not have it until November. :(
I'm paying $30,500 out the door and I'm pleased with that. Since I purchased my last Honda from this same dealer I asked him if they were going to "throw in" anything extra for me and they told me that I was going to get pin striping, mud flaps and a hat. I may still see what else I can get out of them when I go to get her.

In any event I am thrilled to pieces! :2:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats to you as well gymeni!!

Our dealer did a search but couldnt find one in Red so we were told 6-8 weeks. I read this as "Sometime in November". :2:

Ive also decided to be a MAN and get my mud flaps from hondacuraworld and install them myself! :cool:

I was looking at the instructions for the running boards and they didnt seem all that hard to do. Ill see how the flap install goes first.

Ill post some pics when I get it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
$30,330 for EX-L with Navi in the NJ area?

What a great deal! Do tell us which dealership?

Ace

2004 Pilot with Sagebrush pearl Navi

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Re: Ordered an '04 today!

gymeni said:
I also ordered my my '04 EX, Sandstone Metallic Pilot today! I am soooo excited! I'm in suspense, however, because the dealer is going to try to get mine from another dealer somewhere but if he can't he'll have to order it and I might not have it until November. :(
I'm paying $30,500 out the door and I'm pleased with that. Since I purchased my last Honda from this same dealer I asked him if they were going to "throw in" anything extra for me and they told me that I was going to get pin striping, mud flaps and a hat. I may still see what else I can get out of them when I go to get her.

In any event I am thrilled to pieces! :2: [/B]
Congrats and EXCELLENT color choice!!!

Post some pics of the pin striping!!

:)

Oh yes, are you sure it's a "her"? :8:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congratulations!

I bet you both are very excited. I know I am....my dealer is searching for mine right now but it isn't looking good to find my LX...sniff sniff! Since we went from an 03 to an 04 at the same price, I'm going to be patient and see what deal he'll work me when he can't get the LX by tomorrow (his date). They have a pretty sweet EX with DVD on the lot they can make me a deal on....lol.

·
Registered
360 Posts
...and about Dealer Holdback...

Originally posted by colorider
Congrats and EXCELLENT color choice!!!

Post some pics of the pin striping!!

Will do!

Oh yes, are you sure it's a "her"? :8:

Now what else would a thing of such beauty be? :p On another note, I believe that my dealer is going to have to order my Pilot. Being one to comb the Internet for info I found an article concerning dealer holdback, and how it is pure gravy for the dealer when he has to order a car. I let my dealer know that I knew this bit of info and asked for some type of consideration if he did indeed have to order my car. After the initial silence on the phone he went on to lament about how he has to eat, pay for advertising, how he deserved "a little something", blah, blah, blah. I had to make the conversation short because I felt myself becoming a little ready to start mouthing off. I basically told him that was all well and good, however, if he needed to order my Pilot then I would need for him to decide what kind of consideration he was going to give in return, whether it be in the form of money off the price or by way off added accessories. He wasn't real pleased, I can tell you that, but I don't think I was wrong for bringing it up and insisting on compensation.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Re: ...and about Dealer Holdback...

gymeni said:
Being one to comb the Internet for info I found an article concerning dealer holdback, and how it is pure gravy for the dealer when he has to order a car.[/B]
Source? Pretty please? :6:

TIA!

kad

·
Registered
1,496 Posts

gymeni said:
I also ordered my my '04 EX, Sandstone Metallic Pilot today! [/B]

It's me again, that guy also from NW Florida... :D

Congratulations on your PILOT!! Your price, I'm assuming that included tax and all those fees when you said out the door?

Did you trade your CR-V in, if so, how much did they give you for it?

What was the negotiated price of the PILOT? The out the door price is nice, but when you trade in a vehicle the sales tax can vary greatly depending on what was traded, throwing off an even comparison.

what dealership did you buy from? Just so I know when we go shopping. ;)

Also, did Duval ever call back? Just curious on what their offer was.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions... :20:

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ace said:
$30,330 for EX-L with Navi in the NJ area?

What a great deal! Do tell us which dealership?

Ace

2004 Pilot with Sagebrush pearl Navi

Not here in NJ unfortunatly. Couldnt do better than $500 under MSRP here. I had to go all the way to PA.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Ordered an '04 today!

Originally posted by GreenMachine

Congratulations on your PILOT!! Your price, I'm assuming that included tax and all those fees when you said out the door?

Yep.

Did you trade your CR-V in, if so, how much did they give you for it?

Nope, I'm bequeathing that to my 16 year old daughter, who will be getting her driver's license in January (somebody help me, please!) :eek:

What was the negotiated price of the PILOT?

My negotiated price ended up being $28,400.

what dealership did you buy from? Just so I know when we go shopping. ;)

It was Marshall Honda in Panama City, FL.

Also, did Duval ever call back? Just curious on what their offer was.

Nope. Never heard from them. I'm assuming they were one of several dealers who didn't want to deal.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions... :20:

No problem. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts

gymeni said:
I'm paying $30,500 out the door and I'm pleased with that.
Hey gymeni,

Did the prices change for the 04's? And which dealer are working with? I ask this becase I got my 03' SBP EX-L out the door for $31,000 from Duval Honda. There still might some negotiating room.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Ordered an '04 today!

riseboi said:
Did the prices change for the 04's? And which dealer are working with? I ask this becase I got my 03' SBP EX-L out the door for $31,000 from Duval Honda. There still might some negotiating room.
Yes, the prices increased but I forget how much. Just a couple or three hundred or so.

The problem is the "supply and demand" thing. People want Pilots and now that the '04's are out, dealers are willing to bend a little more on the price of '03's, while not bending as much for the '04's, if at all (depends on who you deal with) which I fully expected. My local dealer won't come up off MSRP *at all* and I talked to a Jacksonville dealer, Lucas Honda, who flat out told me that they have been able to sell the '04 Pilots for at least $1000 OVER MSRP and therefore won't even try to deal with you.

I'm just ready to pick it up and take it home!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts