Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What do you guys think? I personally really like it and I like how it covers up most of the gray plastic area on the front bumper. I would be buying it just for looks because I don't ever plan on taking the Pilot off-roading and knocking down small trees or anything.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Looks difficult to wash around and behind. But I like it better than a full-frontal brush guard.

I briefly considered the Honda bumper trim along with the fog lights. Besides the ludicrous prices of those things, it occurred to me the only part of the Pilot that doesn't need any dressing up is the front. I think the hood and nose styling is pretty nice. The sides and the back could use just a touch of styling (but not too much).

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I personally don't like it. Maybe it's the lighting in the picture, but the color of the bar clashes with the rest of the vehicle.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I Like It

I agree with krygny. This push bar looks much better than any full brush guard mounted on the Pilot... IMHO.

How much does this bar run? I'm thinking a black one would look sharp on a white Pilot.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I like it. A bit tougher looking than the Westin Safari bar but not the excess of some of the brush guards.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Instead of starting a new thread, I might as well ask in here.

First of all, roro, I think that grille guard looks pretty darn nice. Certainly, better than most of the ones I've seen before. I'd say go for them, if you like them.

Now to my question. Most of these Grill/Bull/Brush Guards require to be bolted to some underbody structure, like the sidestep bars and the running boards need to, correct? As well, these things are installed, beside for the aesthetic reasons, to protect the bumper and the general front end in a collision, correct?

But when involved in a collision with these things on, are there any concerns about the underbody structure, which these guards are attached to, getting damaged or twisted? If so, wouldn't that be a greater damage to the car than a damage to a bumper?

Yes, there are degrees of collisions to take into account when considering this, but are we to believe that in either mild and severe front end collisions, having these on will help to minize the damage incurred on the car? Thanks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
It looks almost like what the Benz SUV has for a grill guard.

That's it, no opinions as to whether it looks good or not, would have to see it in person.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
To follow up on RipRock's post, I believe I've seen at least one thread in this forum that discusses the impact of these bars on airbag deployment. I certainly wouldn't want to do anything "just for looks" that compromises the car's safety systems. What is the likely impact, no pun intended?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Re: Instead of starting a new thread, I might as well ask in here.

RipRocK said:
... As well, these things are installed, beside for the aesthetic reasons, to protect the bumper and the general front end in a collision, correct?
I don't think so. They're for looks, for protecting the front from brush and branches, and for extremely low speed impacts (e.g., parking), not collisions. This one doesn't even protect the headlights. I suppose it's even possible in the chaos of a collision, the presence of a brush guard could add to the damage. I wouldn't think it affects safety either way. Maybe it would help prevent that deer you just creamed from coming through the windshield or, more importantly some homeless guy down by the RR tracks.
:16:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hey roro!

It looks good. If you like it go with it...that's what makes it better than the rest, it reflects your personality! Sort of like taking pictures, what you enjoy might not be what I enjoy , but it looks good to you.

Hope you will share some pictures when you get it installed...

Don:4:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I e-mailed Tal & Hadas and that's the picture they sent me. They said that it would cost $399 for it in black, so I'm sure it will cost more in chrome. I agree that a black one would look good on a white Pilot.

I'm going for the black/chrome theme though, so that's why I was interested. The only thing I don't like about it, (and it might be the angle of the picture) is how it sort of blocks the Honday symbol on the front. If I buy this and it looks like that in person, then I'm definitely going to be getting some kind of custom grill. Here's a picture of my black/chrome pilot so far:

I'll definitely posts tons of pictures when and if I buy that grill guard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
my parents wanna buy the girll guard that covers the whole front end but they wanna chrome one because we have a nighthawk balck pilot touring edition it comes with running boards front and back bumper granish and the chrome mirror covers so they think it would look good if it was chrome they also want rear chrome taillight gurads and a rear chrome bumper guard *they really like the look of the black pilot with all the chrome pieces* lol and sorry for the spelling im only 12 and i dont really like that one up there, i like the look of the other one and how it covers the front end it looks good but thats only my and my parents opinion

·
Registered
1 Posts
roro,
The grill guard looks great. I was looking for something like this.
So where do I get one? Do you know if they have matching rear light covers as well?

tippilu

·
Registered
747 Posts
The grill guard looks ok. But not very useful at all. You can't even use it to push away a shopping cart without hurting the other part of bumper not covered.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
timchen said:
The grill guard looks ok. But not very useful at all. You can't even use it to push away a shopping cart without hurting the other part of bumper not covered.
Let's not get started with shopping carts again. Or at least confine it to the Shopping Cart thread ;^)

·
Registered
95 Posts
The photo looks like a paste up of some sort. The lighting doesn't look right. Makes me think the product is not ready yet or just doesn't exist otherwise there would be a real picture. This is great for coming up with a 'style' without actually cutting or welding any metal. I'd like to see a few more. IMO this one goes up too high.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hmm..

NH is right it does seem a little large and kind of magically attached to the vehicle. The reflection is also tan on a grey building. But I'm no expert.

Anyway it does seem a too big for the vehicle. I was looking for something that only went to about mid-bumper. Unfortunately Mercedes style. Just enough to add a little protection without getting carried away.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Looks pretty buff (even if it is photoshopped). Personally, I prefer Black - once you go chrome, you gotta keep going chrome... lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts