Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 19' AWD LX has been smooth but the stock vinyl steering wheel has not. Just recieved a leather wrapped steering wheel from a 2019 Passport which shares our interior dash layout. The passport has perforations at the 9 and 3 o'clock area of the wheel. This will be getting installed at the dealership tomorrow. I'll report back.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice! :29:

I was able to get a brand new leather wheel for my '19 AWD EX from a dealer that removed the wheel from a customer that wanted it swapped out for a heated one. Install was pretty easy. Just have to make sure that the SRS clock spring is installed correctly so that it doesn't bind and break.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L, 265-60-18 on Ridgeline rims
366 Posts
Nice swap. I think if I was swapping I would go for the heated one. It's a nice feature in cold weather. Never thought I would like it but driving my Father-in-laws Renegade a couple times it was nice. His turns on when you remote start it so heat, seat heaters, heated wheel when you get in. I hate wearing a jacket driving never mind gloves.

How much for the non-heated from passport?

·
Registered
243 Posts
My 19' AWD LX has been smooth but the stock vinyl steering wheel has not. Just recieved a leather wrapped steering wheel from a 2019 Passport which shares our interior dash layout. The passport has perforations at the 9 and 3 o'clock area of the wheel. This will be getting installed at the dealership tomorrow. I'll report back.
Wise choice, letting the dealer do the swap. I installed a heated steering wheel in my 2018 Odyssey, and although I was successful, there is a lot of ways to mess things up!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice swap. I think if I was swapping I would go for the heated one. It's a nice feature in cold weather. Never thought I would like it but driving my Father-in-laws Renegade a couple times it was nice. His turns on when you remote start it so heat, seat heaters, heated wheel when you get in. I hate wearing a jacket driving never mind gloves.

How much for the non-heated from passport?
I would have too but I got a great deal for this on eBay. The wheel came from a Passport Touring, $70 shipped. Dealer install cost was $150 otd.

Aviator6: Glad you were successful with your install. I didn’t want to mess with it myself. Not trying to mess up the family hauler.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts