Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Pilot came off the line August 20, and became mine August 28. Since then, I've used 2/3 of my warranty. So I thought I would take an opportunity to reflect over the past year.

The GOOD:

-My 24,000+ miles have averaged 19.7 mpg.

-Use of the DVD player by the kids saves my sanity on long trips.

-Inexpensive to maintain so far (fingers crossed, knocking wood).

-Interior has held up very well (yes, even my leather seats do NOT have the "sag"), with the exception of the place the front seat belt hits. Waiting till near the end of the warranty period to get it fixed.

-Comfortable on long trips.

-Lots of get-up-and-go.

-This forum.

-Cheap to insure.

The BAD:

-Paid sticker.

-Not enough coats of paint. I have one rust spot on the hood, and several other pitted places that I've found before it got that far and saved.

-Wish it would have come in dark grey...

-My poor salesman sent me a birthday card for my Pilot last week, and spelled my name wrong on the envelope.

The UGLY:

-Thrown up in twice, which led me to enforcing the "no milk in the Pilot" rule.

-Keyed down both sides, the latest one yesterday. Both times have been light, and I was able to buff them out, but boy did it tick me off!

-Door molding has several dings in it. Two deep ones occurred when someone passing me threw rocks up and gashed it. One happened this week, and has blue paint embedded in it that I haven't been able to get out.

-Three dings in the doors. Just enough to catch the light and irritate me.

I'm really happy with my purchase. I hope the vehicle continues to provide me with years of problem-free miles. I've recommended the Pilot to several people who have in turn bought their own, and I continue to do so.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
catbert, thanks for sharing that with us. Sounds like most of the bad/ugly, save for the paint problem, is really none of Honda/Pilot's fault. So, really, it's a "good" thing :)

Where was the car parked when the Pilot was keyed, btw? Glad that you were able to buff them out, but man, hearing stories like that makes my blood boil. I can't believe there are people like that out there. It's pathetic. I hope karma gets them in the horrific and painful manner.

Also, have you talked to your dealer about the paint problems? It'd definitely be covered under the warranty, no? The car's only a year old. There's no way you should have to put up with that.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
catbert said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

-My poor salesman sent me a birthday card for my Pilot last week, and spelled my name wrong on the envelope.

[ S N I P P E D ]

catbert: Your salesman mis-typed the letter c with the letter r, huh? :p :p :p

I echo what RipRocK said about your key scratches -- really sorry to hear that it happened to you twice... :(

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: Re: One year and 24,200 miles ago...

kemosabe said:
catbert: Your salesman mis-typed the letter c with the letter r, huh? :p :p :p
LOL. Hehe...imagine if he made a mistake in the reverse with my name? :D
I echo what RipRocK said about your key scratches -- really sorry to hear that it happened to you twice... :(
Yeah, just like what Vincent Vega said to Lance, his heroine dealer, as he was telling how someone had....(click here...warning: expletives peppered throughout)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Re: One year and 24,200 miles ago...

RipRocK said:

LOL. Hehe...imagine if he made a mistake in the reverse with my name? :D
CipRocK...??? :D

RipRocK said:

Yeah, just like what Vincent Vega said to Lance, his heroine dealer, as he was telling how someone had....(click here...warning: expletives peppered throughout)
:21:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The keying was done at Target once (parked away from everyone, but it didn't help) and at the local sandwich shop this past week.

As for the paint, I do think I am going to bring it up to my dealer, but I have a feeling that he will tell me I'm following trucks too closely on the Interstate (which I don't), causing the chips. That seems to be the standard response.

My birthday card actually came with my first name, and then the last name of my salesman. Hmmm...he was kind of cute...:D

Looking forward to vacation in a couple of months and putting another 3,000 miles or so on her. I could never lease a vehicle, I'd pay double for it just in mileage.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
glad things are going well for you. I would echo your sentiments about the pilot after 6monts and 6K (only) miles

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:( our pilots look expensive that they get enjoyment in keying it like what happend to mine, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts