Registered
5,501 Posts

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Urban Dictionary said:
Top definition
tl;dw
Stands for "too long; didn't watch." Used most commonly by someone with a life whenever someone else posts a ten-minute long YouTube video in a thread.

User 1: Dude check this scene out from Star Trek: {link}

User 2: click tl;dw
Remember member @MyHondaFix, who was starting a YouTube channel?

Remove rear hatch door panel

MyHondaFix

One feature he made a point of adhering to was "No Endless Talking!" Yes.(y)

Sad we haven't seen him around much recently. I really liked his get-to the-point videos.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
View attachment 140936
I meant to drop this picture of my throttle body with a pool of oil in it into the thread. I changed the PCV valve yesterday so we’ll see if that corrects this condition.
Have you noticed an improvement since replacing your pcv? I hope that will correct this, or at least improve the condition, but I'm confident in saying that this is another symptom of VCM causing oil to be pumped up where it doesn't belong. The EGR valve and passages may need attention too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Exactly.. spent an hour putting heat to it, still snapped the head off. Knew it was coming. Was actually hired to replace “control arms” had those done in an hour or so. But one of the balljoints was bad so here we are.

Total basket case car..

Unknown Tbelt history and if I had to guess head gasket issues.

tomorrow we go back to our regularly scheduled 07 Pilot rehab.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Exactly.. spent an hour putting heat to it, still snapped the head off. Knew it was coming. Was actually hired to replace “control arms” had those done in an hour or so. But one of the balljoints was bad so here we are. View attachment 141024
Total basket case car..
View attachment 141025
Unknown Tbelt history and if I had to guess head gasket issues.
View attachment 141026
tomorrow we go back to our regularly scheduled 07 Pilot rehab.
Looks like its ready for the scrap yard. Man the pics are bad.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Yeah I’m gonna tell these people next time they want to buy a car let me look at it first. I hope they got a deal because this thing is garbage.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks like Someone spent money on rotors while ignoring the tire that is coming apart. I remember a South Main Auto video, where he was asked to inspect the vehicle AFTER purchase. It was an Outback, it looked good on surface, but underneath was rotten away. There wasn't much holding the sub chassis to the car. That was before discussing mechanical issues. I think he told em to try to get out of the deal (deal was done).
Do I have to include the words, Honda Pilot ? If so, i just did.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Yeah those rotors were me too.. with Bendix pads... friend/co-worker’s brothers-in-law’s father’s youngest son’s car. The father is paying the bill.Wrap your head around that..

So a local high end shop quoted $1000 to do control arms.. my buddy says “hey you interested?” I of course said “sure $500” there is a reason they quoted through the roof.. obviously. Owner asks “how much for the front brakes too?” I again quote very fairly.

Lesson learned, don’t quote a car sight unseen. Usually I’m working on cars I know, friends’ familys’ neighbors‘ cars etc. I get there and immediately start pointing out the 100 other things it needs. Definitely not worth $1000 control arms.. or $1000 of anything. I’m going to tell them next time they want to buy a car let me or somebody else that knows cars look at it.

Okay back to the Pilot.. don’t know if I posted pics but one intake valve on the bad cylinder (the one that was tight) Is carboned all along the stem. Even after seafoam, I think that’s what’s hanging up. My new plan is to zip tie the Seafoam spray wand to the borescope and blast the valve stem direct. Maybe I’ll post a video..

So I think a lot of the oil in the intake was also caused by fuel in the oil.. maybe from that cylinder not firing. The whole thing is chicken or the egg.. what failed first and what did it take with it?

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
My new plan is to zip tie the Seafoam spray wand to the borescope and blast the valve stem direct. Maybe I’ll post a video..
Now that's a POV video I'd tune in for. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

so I hadn’t realized how dirty the lens of the borescope had gotten, picture is much clearer now. I’m wondering with the amount of oil sludge in the one intake port if maybe I have a bad valve seal..

Following video is fun though.

Direct hit.. zip tied the seafoam nozzle to the borescope.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts