Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I've got an 05 pilot and the fog lights haven't worked for some time. I believe these are OEM fog lights and from what I can see on them it looks like they are Raybrig Stanley 010-6915.

To check the bulbs it looks like you have to pull the whole front bumper off which I really don't want to do, so I figured I would first check the fuse to make sure its good.. The problem is that I have no idea where the fuse is! I have researched online and looked at the manual but still have come up empty.

Does anyone know where the fuse for the fogs would be? I know there is 4 spots where the Honda put fuse boxes: underneath dash, passenger and drivers side, and in the engine bay both sides as well...but nothing is labeled fog lights. I have watched researched online and even watched youtube videos and some say its behind the battery by its-self but I don't see anything...

My fog light switch is located where my main lights are on the column, not sure if this matters or not.

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I've got an 05 pilot and the fog lights haven't worked for some time. I believe these are OEM fog lights and from what I can see on them it looks like they are Raybrig Stanley 010-6915.

To check the bulbs it looks like you have to pull the whole front bumper off which I really don't want to do, so I figured I would first check the fuse to make sure its good.. The problem is that I have no idea where the fuse is! I have researched online and looked at the manual but still have come up empty.

Does anyone know where the fuse for the fogs would be? I know there is 4 spots where the Honda put fuse boxes: underneath dash, passenger and drivers side, and in the engine bay both sides as well...but nothing is labeled fog lights. I have watched researched online and even watched youtube videos and some say its behind the battery by its-self but I don't see anything...
It's not necessary to remove the bumper (cover) to check or change the fog lamp bulbs.
See pages 16-18 in the installation instructions linked below.

There is a (sub)fuse box located between the air intake and the firewall.
See pages 4-5 in the installation instructions linked below.

https://web.archive.org/web/20111208224052/http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/AI/AII28057.pdf

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this! I checked out the fuse and it looks to be just fine. I went to remove the 2 screws at the bottom of the fog light cover to check the bulbs but the screws are so rusted in there that I tripped them all trying! I need some type of screw extractor or something now...?

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I went to remove the 2 screws at the bottom of the fog light cover to check the bulbs but the screws are so rusted in there that I tripped them all trying! I need some type of screw extractor or something now...?
See if you can insert a thin flat screwdriver blade between the head of the screw and the fog lamp cover, so that you can try to pry the screw out while you're also unscrewing it (as usual with a Philips head screwdriver). That way, if there are still some good threads beyond the stripped section on the screw, you might get them to engage the threads on the mounting bracket and then the screw will come out - or the remaining threads will keep stripping and you can just continue to pry the screw out with the flat blade screwdriver.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See if you can insert a thin flat screwdriver blade between the head of the screw and the fog lamp cover, so that you can try to pry the screw out while you're also unscrewing it (as usual with a Philips head screwdriver). That way, if there are still some good threads beyond the stripped section on the screw, you might get them to engage the threads on the mounting bracket and then the screw will come out - or the remaining threads will keep stripping and you can just continue to pry the screw out with the flat blade screwdriver.
Thanks for the suggestion but the top of the screws are totally strpped and rounded off. Cannot get a bite with a philips at all ?

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion but the top of the screws are totally strpped and rounded off. Cannot get a bite with a philips at all ?
So, it's the slots in the screw head that are stripped, not the threads.
Can you grip and turn the screw head with a pair of needle-nose pliers, or cut a new slot with a hacksaw blade?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts