other hand another car I've owned (and driven
in similar conditions), a Maxima, almost had
none even after 5 years of use.

How is the Pilot in this regard? How is the MDX
(I imagine some similarity)? Please share.:confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have used them in the past and got one for the Pilot from the dealer. The fit is not great on the hood, with gaps where the hood bulges up. Still, I do feel more secure that I will not get the various paint chips and dings on the front of the Pilot as I drive on freeways. I will admit that I tend to take off the masks after there are dings on the vehicles I have had in the past.

Henry

·
Registered
486 Posts
Part time

I use a bra on our Odyssey strictly for long highway trips. Bras are not supposed on remain on the vehicle if they get wet which means much removing/ cleaning and reinstalling. On SUV's like the Pilot and MDX, I think the nose is high up enough to avoid most debris but you will always get that one stray. Even with a bra on, Murphy's Law will steer a pebble right on to your hood about an inch beyond where the bra protects.

That's my .02.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heng5 said:
I have used them in the past and got one for the Pilot from the dealer. The fit is not great on the hood, with gaps where the hood bulges up. ...
I guess what I was trying to say is that a lot
of the number of dings and chips has to do
with the vehicle aerodynamics -- some take a
lot more beating then others. I was curious
how Pilot/MDX/Oddyssey? appear to be, if no bra
is used

·
Registered
395 Posts
1000 miles on my Pilot, I've had two small nicks on my hood that I was able to take care of with touch up paint.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have over 2700 miles on my Pilot. Approx. 1300 miles on the interstate. No chips on the hood. Two dings on the passenger door. I hate people! :3:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
r_hammel said:
I have over 2700 miles on my Pilot. Approx. 1300 miles on the interstate. No chips on the hood. Two dings on the passenger door. I hate people! :3:
I feel your pain ... I just got two on the passenger side rear quarter panel ... each about an inch long right on the crease below the window ... done by another SUV ... Unfortunately the damage wasn't done at a shopping mall or parking lot but in my own garage ... my niece was the perpetrator ... I am using her allowance to fix the dings ... one quarter at a time ...

PrG

·
Registered
592 Posts
PrG said:

I feel your pain ... I just got two on the passenger side rear quarter panel ... each about an inch long right on the crease below the window ... done by another SUV ... Unfortunately the damage wasn't done at a shopping mall or parking lot but in my own garage ... my niece was the perpetrator ... I am using her allowance to fix the dings ... one quarter at a time ...

PrG
"one quarter at a time" === :D

Better option might be to increase her allowance, but then that might encourage her to do it again. Forget that idea PRG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts