Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
My retro-futuristic 1996 Pontiac Trans Sport had an onboard air system built in. It was roughly where the Pilot stows the emergency jack.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Anyone running a onboard air system in their Pilot? I was looking into the ARB single but can't think of a good place to stick it. Any thought's?

ARB makes a great air pump. I have the dual ARB in the Jeep. What's your plan for the air pump? Check out competitive products that are more affordable like Viair. The ARB single can be had for approx 275 at a different site.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do a lot of beach driving this time of year and a few spots don't have air and rather than keep messing around with the portable units I'd like something rigged up and ready to just plug my hose in. The ARB single is 12.73 x 9.16 x 5.88 inches which is just a little too big for the jack area without cutting and making a box. Though really might be worth it, gonna try and pull some favors.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the ARB single coming in tomorrow! If it's gonna fit it'll take some fabrication I think but will be awesome to have. I'm thinking of installing under the hood and running a line to 1gal tank where the jack is stored. Hopefully there is enough clearance on the passenger side of the engine bay for me to mount a bracket.

Will throw up a install thread if everything works out.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys, I think I've decided on a location for the pump. Gonna move the power steering reservoir up and over a bit so I can mount the pump where the reservoir sits now. Just have to figure out where to get the hoses from/made.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Ok guys, I think I've decided on a location for the pump. Gonna move the power steering reservoir up and over a bit so I can mount the pump where the reservoir sits now. Just have to figure out where to get the hoses from/made.
Be sure to post up pics. Opposite side of the windshield washer reservoir behind the front bumper is this huge air box chamber that would provide an empty space for an external air pump.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Be sure to post up pics. Opposite side of the windshield washer reservoir behind the front bumper is this huge air box chamber that would provide an empty space for an external air pump.
I'll take a look at that area but if all I gotta do is extend the power steering lines a few inches and secure the reservoir somehow, I'd rather go that way because I would have a solid level mounting point for the pump w/ good access. Only worry I have is heat.

Now I just need to find out what hoses I need to buy. These SS braided lines aren't too expensive but idk how I would adapt that to the reservoir.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I’m working on something else but this is that area minus the big air chamber resonator. Top view
227DF419-2248-42A9-A361-39C26F58C020.jpeg

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
Think how many keys you could smuggle in there. Just be sure to wrap them in old coffee grounds to throw off the scent dogs.

I'm sure that'll work.

Ok, it is a good location for on board air, but get a reliable unit because you'll have to dig down through all that if you need to service it. Otherwise, I'd put it in the emergency jack cubby.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts