Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as of 7 hours ago I no longer own a Honda Pilot. I loved my 2013 Pilot Touring but the time had come to say good by. Since the new car, a Honda, is not a Pilot I felt it only right to leave the forum for now. You can find me in the Passport form from now on.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The funny thing is, the Passport for all intents and purposes is a Pilot. Just a different version. The main components, frame, engine, transmission etc. are all Pilot. The lack of a third seat, the 6" shorter body and the 1.5" more ground clearance are the only major differences. That was the big attraction to me, as I love my Pilot. Now I am basically still owning a Pilot, sans the unused third row seat and entertainment system.

Perhaps the Piloteers and the Passports should discuss merging the two forums with separate subdivisions for the two vehicles.

Edit, some days my fingers are dyslexic.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
The funny thing is, the Pathfinder for all intents and purposes is a Pilot.
I think you mistakenly got off the path there for a moment. :p

·
Registered
11,503 Posts
So I only joined a few days ago and the wife really wants me to sell the Pilot. I guess my days are numbered. ?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Nooooo! :eek:

On the other hand, ignore SWMBO at your own peril. :p

·
Banned
379 Posts
The funny thing is, the Pathfinder for all intents and purposes is a Pilot. Just a different version. The main components, frame, engine, transmission etc. are all Pilot. The lack of a third seat, the 6" shorter body and the 1.5" more ground clearance are the only major differences. That was the big attraction to me, as I love my Pilot. Now I am basically still owning a Pilot, sans the unused third row seat and entertainment system.

Perhaps the Piloteers and the Passports should discuss merging the two forums with separate subdivisions for the two vehicles.
Pathfinder, LoL. Find YOUR path buddy!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I never knew Nissan and Honda collaborated on their 3 rows! It's amazing they each decided to use their own drivetrain and complete interior, switchgear and bodywork, they really went that extra mile for the customers!

Ok, I'm not that dumb, just razzing the OP (which apparently he will never see) for saying Pathfinder when he meant Passport.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,336 Posts
We do have a Passport section in this forum. Mechanically the two vehicles are identical just with a shorter body.

FWIW the Passport is two inches longer and wider than the first gen Pilot, but to me feels smaller.

Well as of 7 hours ago I no longer own a Honda Pilot. I loved my 2013 Pilot Touring but the time had come to say good by. Since the new car, a Honda, is not a Pilot I felt it only right to leave the forum for now. You can find me in the Passport form from now on.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
passport ...still does not have a true 4x4 system.... unlike the older Pathfinders do.. ..so where did he get the idea that the pathy was same as the pilot ? ??

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Hang in there....like any other modern SUV out there loaded with creature comforts, laden with integrated electronic tech that work great when working, annoying start/stop and smart AWD systems that get upset when pushed too hard. Styling is not for me but enjoy the ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts