Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always find it very amusing to read the posts about comparisons between the Pilot and other cars/trucks. I see that many of the posters dislike most every car suggested and wouldn't spend money on the more expensive vehicles. Now I know that just because something costs a lot doesn't necessarily mean that it is better, but if money wasn't an issue, and you could have whatever car/truck you wanted, would you still purchase the Pilot? I for one, would not, I would have a nice Lexus GX sitting in my driveway. Fess up!

·
Registered
725 Posts
My Confessional Time

If I didn't have this new found aversion to a vehicle in the 40-thousand plus range (my lemon EB Expedition did that to me) I would probably be driving around a Toyota Sequoia Limited.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Alexandra242628 said:
I for one, would not, I would have a nice Lexus GX sitting in my driveway. Fess up!

I dont like any of the Lexus SUVs...but if Ihad the $$ for a luxarry SUV I would like either the MDX or the escalade or the X5:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Alexandra242628 said:
I always find it very amusing to read the posts about comparisons between the Pilot and other cars/trucks. I see that many of the posters dislike most every car suggested and wouldn't spend money on the more expensive vehicles. Now I know that just because something costs a lot doesn't necessarily mean that it is better, but if money wasn't an issue, and you could have whatever car/truck you wanted, would you still purchase the Pilot? I for one, would not, I would have a nice Lexus GX sitting in my driveway. Fess up!
If money wasn't an issue, then I would have a GMC Yukon LX Denali along with my Lamborgini, Hummer, Rolls Royce, etc. Hell, if I did not have 3 kids, I would be driving a dfferent car than a Pilot.

Sorry, but I prefer to live in reality, and I select a car or truck to fulfill my family's needs. I like the versatility of the Pilot and the fact that it is more affordable and larger than the Lexus or Acura. I will spend the money I save on a vacation to the Caribbean for the entire family.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would have gone with Toyota Sequoia Limited, Volvo SUV or an MDX. And if money was really no object, the Hummer decked out:4:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mtnhigh you are no fun! And besides, the cars that everyone else has posted are not insanely different in price, probably $15,000 to $20,000 more. I am sure that the people who purchase more expensive cars still have extra money to go off to the Carribean and probably have children as well. This is just for fun.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I dunno!

I am still undecided, eaither MDX or PILOT. How about the 4runner LIMITED, not the Sequioa the gear**** is in the steering column like the PILOT...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've always wanted....

a Toyota Land Cruiser; but can't afford it. I would use it off road as well as on-road that's why I wouldn't want the LX 470. If wishes were horses, etc. etc.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If I was still going to have a SUV, a Porsche Cayenne Turbo. For a car, I don't know exactly, but it would be a fast convertible. :2:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I would get............

A Mercedes G55 AMG if money was no object. About $94,000. Gonna start savin my pennies now!!!!

:noteef:

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
SUV: Hummer H2
4 Door Sedan: BMW 745Li
2 door coupe: Porsche 911

But back on Earth; I own a Pilot, a '96 Nissan Maxima, and a '02 Buick LeSabre.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hate to say this, but I just received my Pilot and am having buyer's remorse. It rides great and the price was right. The dealer who sold it to me bid over $1500 more for my vehicle than any other Acura dealer. I think, however, that I wish I would have chosen the MDX. There was just a too much of a price difference (over $9,000) from the Honda Pilot to the Acura MDX (between the two different dealerships and the discounts on the vehicles). I was afraid that if I bought the Acura, I would be kicking my self for spending too much. Instead, its the other way around. Oh well, I might grow to love it.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
This is a fun thread!

Okay...the sports car minded and impractical person in me would love a :
McLaren F1.

I don't have $800,000 though, so my next choice would have been a:
Ferrari 360 Modena (gorgeous!)

Or an:
Acura N$X...

Then when reality hits me, and I start thinking about my kids, I wanted the:
MDX.

Reality hit me harder, and realized I couldn't afford THAT either. Then the Pilot emerges, and since it's basically an MDX with more room and for thousands less, I had found my new practical favorite.

Way back in Highschool, I was in love with the CRX. Man, times and tastes have changed!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Alexandra242628 said:
if money wasn't an issue, and you could have whatever car/truck you wanted, would you still purchase the Pilot? I for one, would not, I would have a nice Lexus GX sitting in my driveway. Fess up!
Based on what I know now? Yes. Would I drive the Lexus and possibly decide that even though its smaller the luxury features are worth the sacrifice, possibly. Would I buy a behemouth Sequona or some such? No.

·
Registered
234 Posts
For an SUV, think I would go for the Lexus LX470. For a car, it the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren ... now to find this endless source of money...

·
Registered
920 Posts
Lexus GX 470...

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
A BMW Z-8, a Ferrari 360 Spider F1, and an Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Volante--that would give me seating for 6 adults and 2 kids. If I only needed seating for 6, I might substittute the Panoz Esperante for the DB7.

Of course, I'd also love to have a '57 Corvette and a BMW 507 to keep in the shed.:roadtrip:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
If money was not a consideration it would 100% custom.
Everything else is someone else's compromise.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Of the cars I considered, I could have gotten whichever one I liked....I picked the Pilot. Yes, less expensive....and I like value...but I could have gotten one of my other possibilities and I didn't. So, I guess my answer is the Pilot is what I ultimately wanted.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts