Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few phone calls I finally got some straight answers from a dealership in spokane willing to sell a Pilot EX-L w/navi for $32,980. He has promised that there will be no forced options.

Is that a good price or should I talk to him more since this is the price he gave me the first time?

·
Registered
340 Posts
GhettoMax said:
Is that a good price or should I talk to him more since this is the price he gave me the first time?
Very, very few people have been able to get anything below MSRP. You might have better luck getting some free accessories. About the best you will probably be able to get is a discount on those accessories.

I'm not saying that you won't do better, but you will be a lucky man if you do.

·
Registered
449 Posts
What dealer quoted you that? I live in WA also on the wet side.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just read a message on the other Pilot board... someone has a deposit down on one for MSRP - $350 (doc fees are nil). So there are some deals out there to be found.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

That was honda of spokane, the person I was in touch with is Greg Mckinley (sp?)

I just got another e-mail from him stating that there will be no forced options at all.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Honda of Spokane - Washington WA

Thanks for the tip GhettoMax!

Just talked to Greg and sent in my deposit. In western Washington, we have to fight with the Micro$oft Millionaires who are more than willing to pay $2-3K over MSRP. If any other western Washington Pilot buyers read this, Greg @ Honda of Spokane will help you out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hey no problem! glad I could help.

btw I know what you are saying about them millionares.

what are you getting? a LX or EX? please keep me posted as I will be making my purchase soon from them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GhettoMax said:
After a few phone calls I finally got some straight answers from a dealership in spokane willing to sell a Pilot EX-L w/navi for $32,980. He has promised that there will be no forced options.

Yes, buy from Greg Mckinley at Honda of Spokane- he deals straight and you will end up with the Pilot you want for MSRP...Great guy to deal with...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

hey Greg,

yes we have exchanged e-mails a while back I was inquiring about the Pilot and the odyssey! I dont know if you remember (and I dont expect you to remember) since you probably deal with hundreds and hundreds of people.... anyways incase you do remember my name is Joe... and I am from Tri-cities, WA.

after exchanging a few e-mails I got some pricing from you one a pilot EX-L Navi and a odyssey EX-L Navi. I had made up my mind that once I was ready to get the pilot or the odyssey I knew where to go... to you!

I refferred "Twinkie" to you as well.

Keep up the good work Greg... please... I dont want to have to go to my local honda dealer (jerks) I hate them so much that I even drive up to spokane to get my cars serviced from you guys (Acura service).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: ...

GhettoMax said:
btw, its good to have an insider on the boards... hehe :D ;)
I thought you were Joe. I just emailed you to see what your up to. Twinkie is this Teresa? I have sold 4 Pilots this month so I was trying to figure who she was.

Talk to you soon!

Greg:7:

·
Registered
991 Posts
saved on some taxes

bought my pilot for msrp, but did not pay any doc fees or battery tax, air tax etc....

also got my accessories for cost (including install)

not bad I guess

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: saved on some taxes

gopilot said:
bought my pilot for msrp, but did not pay any doc fees or battery tax, air tax etc....

also got my accessories for cost (including install)

not bad I guess

That is great! Good job!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Twinkie = Steve/Teresa

greg_mckinley said:

I thought you were Joe. I just emailed you to see what your up to. Twinkie is this Teresa? I have sold 4 Pilots this month so I was trying to figure who she was.

Talk to you soon!

Greg:7:
Hey Greg, thanks for the rear splashguards and the microfiber towel! My wife didn't even notice the splashguards until I pointed that out to her. Now we have an extra set that we bought. Got the chrome and steps installed. Looks great on black. Thanks again for all of your help.

GhettoMax/Joe was the one that turned me onto your dealership. I hope you can sell him his Pilot.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Pricing no I'm just boasting!

Just picked ours up last night, got it for 1000 over Dealer Invoice it was on the lot and also captilized on %3.99 5 year financing AHFC one day deal. It was in a suburb of Detroit. Before this deal i was set to order at 1100 below MSRP I think this equated to about 1700 under MSRP:4: . does anyone know if the dealer holdback on these is the same as other hondas ... I think 3%?
:4:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Re: Pricing no I'm just boasting!

PILOTHEAD said:
Just picked ours up last night, got it for 1000 over Dealer Invoice it was on the lot and also captilized on %3.99 5 year financing AHFC one day deal. It was in a suburb of Detroit. Before this deal i was set to order at 1100 below MSRP I think this equated to about 1700 under MSRP:4: . does anyone know if the dealer holdback on these is the same as other hondas ... I think 3%?
:4:

Great Deal!! it does look like if we waited a little longer.. Honda would finally come down.. oh well, worth it anyway.. Honda made about $2000.00 on my pilot, considering the price of the SUV, 2 grand is not that much profit.

good deal, and enjoy!

rob

1 - 20 of 31 Posts