Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG.... You all are right... I LOVE IT! I love it so much, I pluncked down my deposit for a SSM EX-L w/ RES. Dealer had a black one on the lot, but I have him looking for the Silver. Now I have to just wait....

Thx all...... :2:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Congratulations! Keep us posted! :29:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Congratulations!!!

May the force be with you...
:jump3: :jump3: :jump3: :jump3: :jump3: :jump3: :jump3:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey another Pilot in the neighborhood:) . Which dealer are you going to and what prices have you been quoted?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am buying through Academy Honda on Route 9 in Old Bridge. My salesman is Rob Fruscella. We bought our '02 Civic there last year, so we tried there first.

We are paying MSRP, no forced options. I haven't nailed down a finance rate, but the finance manager quoted in the 5.9% range or so for 60 mo.

Waiting in anticipation....... :4:
Mike

·
Registered
180 Posts
Looks like the market is softening. Academy was about 2k over sticker when I was looking.

You could do better on the financing. David Michael got me 5.24 for 60 months.back in August and now I'm hearing 3.99 from Honda itself, tho that might have been a promotional rate that has gone away.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had Academy down to 4.44% two weeks ago. I went with Willis because of their service extras, but I definitely think that you can get them down under 4.44%. If nothing else, tell them that another dealer has quoted you better, but don't tell them who or how much. I actually had Academy and Willis in an interest rate bidding war. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's interesting.... I'll have to mention that when I sit down w/ the finance guy.

I was going to take a look at Willis, but Academy isn't even 10 minutes from my house, and like I said, I bought my Civic there last year.

We'll see what happens....... :cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
WannaPilot,

The strategy that I used to get a lower rate was to:

1) Secure a low rate using an online bank like Peoples First. My rate was 5.49% for 60 mo.

2) Get preapproval from Academy Honda Financing and mention the rate that they have to beat. Even though they will tell you that they won't accept People's First Financing, which I think is a lie, it gives you leverage.

3) After they make their initial offer, tell them you were offered a rate like 4.5 or 4.75 from another dealer. This strategy removes the possibility of denying the People's First Financing and will force them to give you their best rate. I actually had a bidding war, but they do not have to know that you do not.

If you wait until you have the Pilot in front of you and are sitting with the Finance Person, you limit your leverage. Definitely get preapproval before signing the papers so that on the day of delivery, you are in and out without any haggling.:2:

·
Registered
91 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!! If we get more Piloteers from NJ we can have an outting!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Swoon, I was thinking the samething.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm from Manalapan, I used to live in Old Bridge.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah... not too far away at all........:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
West Windsor:D

·
Registered
91 Posts