Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an OTC Tools 5610 Trans-Eng Press Tester in order to check the oil pressure on my 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L; however, the 1/8 BSPT adapter, as stated everywhere I’ve looked, is not the correct size. In fact, the sensor fits perfectly against a M10 x 1.25 bolt and measures 9.92mm wide.

That said, I’m unable to find any M10 x 1.25 adapters and am confused how people are checking oil pressure on this engine?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I bought an OTC Tools 5610 Trans-Eng Press Tester in order to check the oil pressure on my 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L; however, the 1/8 BSPT adapter, as stated everywhere I’ve looked, is not the correct size. In fact, the sensor fits perfectly against a M10 x 1.25 bolt and measures 9.92mm wide.

That said, I’m unable to find any M10 x 1.25 adapters and am confused how people are checking oil pressure on this engine?
Can you still return it? Maybe this will work?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing but this has the same size adapters I already have with the OTC kit which I confirm are not correct.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Thanks for sharing but this has the same size adapters I already have with the OTC kit which I confirm are not correct.
Most Honda pressure kits have a M10x1.0 adapter. Are you sure yours is M10x1.25? It should be a taper thread so I don't know how accurate comparing the sender to a bolt would be, but you could be right. Have you tried carefully screwing in the M10x1.0 adapter in your kit?

In any case, for around $6.14 plus shipping (from Great Britain) you can try to carefully thread this into the oil port. Here ya go:

1/8" NPT Female To M10x1.25 Male Reducer Oil Pressure Gauge Take Off Adapter | eBay

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most Honda pressure kits have a M10x1.0 adapter. Are you sure yours is M10x1.25? It should be a taper thread so I don't know how accurate comparing the sender to a bolt would be, but you could be right. Have you tried carefully screwing in the M10x1.0 adapter in your kit?

In any case, for around $6.14 plus shipping (from Great Britain) you can try to carefully thread this into the oil port. Here ya go:

1/8" NPT Female To M10x1.25 Male Reducer Oil Pressure Gauge Take Off Adapter | eBay
I don’t know about any taper but the thread size definitely mates perfectly to M10x1.25. Funny but I did buy that adapter and almost a month later it finally arrived. I threaded it in today and it didn’t seem to get super tight so I stopped when it was somewhat snug before I strip something and it did not leak oil thank goodness!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I don’t know about any taper but the thread size definitely mates perfectly to M10x1.25. Funny but I did buy that adapter and almost a month later it finally arrived. I threaded it in today and it didn’t seem to get super tight so I stopped when it was somewhat snug before I strip something and it did not leak oil thank goodness!
Good to hear!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts