Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I have a 2011 honda pilot, and recently I did an oil change going from semi-synthetic to full synthetic, but I started having oil pressure sensor...does anybody think that maybe the oil could be the problem?..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everybody, I have a 2011 honda pilot, and recently I did an oil change going from semi-synthetic to full synthetic, but I started having oil pressure sensor...does anybody think that maybe the oil could be the problem?..
I was thinking about doing the exact same thing ... now I’m worried. My ‘09 Pilot has 235K miles and I want to use an oil better than the 5w-20 blend .. not sure now

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just check with my mechanic and he said that, as long as you keep using synthetic without going back to conventional, its going to be ok, and the sensors are not affected by the oil change...

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
P0522 means a sensor is going bad or you have bad oil pressure. If your oil level is good and you have never had an engine sputter when the light came on, replace the sensor.
Going to full synthetic is not an issue. It's likely going to clean things out though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah...no the engine it's been running good, and oil level its also good, Im going to have to check for possible bad harness or oil pump...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Most mechanics will test oil pressure with a mechanical oil pressure test gauge.....did yours? Changing to a thinner oil viscosity (both synthetic and conventional) will likely decrease oil pressure slightly and increase oil flow slightly. Flow equals lubrication, not pressure.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Most mechanics will test oil pressure with a mechanical oil pressure test gauge.....did yours? Changing to a thinner oil viscosity (both synthetic and conventional) will likely decrease oil pressure slightly and increase oil flow slightly. Flow equals lubrication, not pressure.

It be nice to know the milage.
Even at 200k, though possible, I doubt the oil pump is failing. The engine never tried to die.
A faulty wire conection is also possible, but my gut says pressure sensor since the introduction of a better flowing oil.
Part # 37260-RNA-A01
Honda $200
RockAuto $92.79
Amazon $15.23

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No ..he said is going to test for compression, and that was my concern, but I used same oil grade just synthetic this time but that what he said:" no that is not going to be a problem".. so I don't know, and the car has only 84,000 miles...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Since the engine has "been running good" and "oil level is good", wonder why he (mechanic) would test for compression? Oil pressure needs to be verified with a mechanical oil pressure test gauge.......and go from there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No ..he said is going to test for compression, and that was my concern, but I used same oil grade just synthetic this time but that what he said:" no that is not going to be a problem".. so I don't know, and the car has only 84,000 miles...
Thanks to everyone who answered and gave their opinion, the result was a bad or defective oil pressure sensor, that I bought brand new, and had to get a different one, same part different vendor...now Im running perfect..👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts