Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I apologise if this has been asked before. Going on a 1500 miles road trip, maintenance minder says 40% and the oil is the blend mix from the dealership. Should I go to have the oil changed prematurely and not reset the maintenance minder? Or I'm good and should not worry about it?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
imo you should be fine. Im guessing at the end your your trip, the MM will be at 30 or 20.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hi I apologise if this has been asked before. Going on a 1500 miles road trip, maintenance minder says 40% and the oil is the blend mix from the dealership. Should I go to have the oil changed prematurely and not reset the maintenance minder? Or I'm good and should not worry about it?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
How many miles on this oil change already? I have 6800 miles on my oil right now and it is showing 40%. I would guess that mine is still good for another 3000 miles or so.

At 40% and a 1500 mile trip coming up, you should have no problem at all. Enjoy your trip.

Reactions: PilotMikeR

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Going on a 1500 miles road trip, maintenance minder says 40% and the oil is the blend mix from the dealership. Should I go to have the oil changed prematurely and not reset the maintenance minder? Or I'm good and should not worry about it?
Even if your typical oil change interval is as short as 3,750 miles, you should still be able travel another 1,500 miles before reaching 0% on the oil life display.
OTOH, if you are going to be worried about it - and the fact that you even posted the question suggests that you might - then have the oil changed before the trip, but do not reset the maintenance minder. Call it a small price to pay in order to give you peace of mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts