Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just got honda pilot lx 2019 about 3 to 4 months ago and i noticed there is some oil leak i have some pictures. any advice thx
A8883062-54EE-4B2C-9C77-120360FA2EDE.jpeg
53BCC245-29F9-45F5-B884-802B71303352.jpeg
3E7202BE-3DCF-4877-8887-E8EEA53EC8FE.jpeg

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,968 Posts
Take it to the dealer and have them put it on the rack to inspect it. I’m guessing you’re still covered under warranty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This may be related to this TSB so like said, take it to the dealer to get checked out. TSB ID #A16-087
Service bulletin - The transmission end cover leaks on vehicles with a 9-speed A/T. During assembly, the transmission end cover sealing gasket was torn.

·
Registered
243 Posts
This may be related to this TSB so like said, take it to the dealer to get checked out. TSB ID #A16-087
Service bulletin - The transmission end cover leaks on vehicles with a 9-speed A/T. During assembly, the transmission end cover sealing gasket was torn.
OP has an LX, so doesn't have the 9 speed tranny, but does have a warranty. This appears to be a very small leak. could be anything. Maybe the seal on the oil fill cap. Airflow around an engine makes it very hard to locate.

·
Registered
58 Posts
OP has an LX, so doesn't have the 9 speed tranny, but does have a warranty. This appears to be a very small leak. could be anything. Maybe the seal on the oil fill cap. Airflow around an engine makes it very hard to locate.
Oh good catch, I didn't notice the LX in his post. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
First thing I would do is get some disk brake cleaner. And hose it down and wipe everything off. Then see if it reappears.

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
172 Posts
It looks like it is coming from the drain bolt. Another member on this forum just did his first DIY oil change on his new Pilot and said there was no crush washer on the drain bolt, so that might be your problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts