Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, my 2011 Honda pilot with 108,000 km is leaking from the area above the dipstick tube. Looks like this part. Found this

·
Registered
506 Posts
You posted a good photo of an active leak from the spool valve. Mine wasn't leaking as much so it mostly looked like grime, not fluid. Had to clean it up to be able to clearly see leaking oil.Have you fixed it yet? The leak from the spool valve could damage the alternator below it.

There have been lots of posts about spool valves leaking lately. Here is a good thread on the subject.
VTEC spool valve leak, alternator damaged: replace both

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am into it, going out to get some HT gasket silicone. Wanted to make sure I understood the process.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The best solution, in my opinion is to replace the gaskets.

You can alternatively clean and dry the existing gaskets well, and use Hondabond as a gasket maker to reseal the area.... but I'd personally order the new gaskets. The reason that many videos or even Honda dealers used the Hondabond, is because these gaskets were not made separately and required replacing the entire spool valve assembly. Now the need for new gaskets has been filled by the aftermarket.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already fixed it. Yes, will buy it but I am in the Caribbean so it will take some time to get here, needed a fast solution. I think I will buy two since there is another valve at the rear bank.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The best solution, in my opinion is to replace the gaskets.

You can alternatively clean and dry the existing gaskets well, and use Hondabond as a gasket maker to reseal the area.... but I'd personally order the new gaskets. The reason that many videos or even Honda dealers used the Hondabond, is because these gaskets were not made separately and required replacing the entire spool valve assembly. Now the need for new gaskets has been filled by the aftermarket.

Hi, those are two different gaskets. Is the rear valve different from the front one?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts