Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can't seem to find the oil filter for my pilot anywhere besides the dealer. my local pep boys doesn't even have it listed. can somone please help. thx

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
tway22 said:
i can't seem to find the oil filter for my pilot anywhere besides the dealer. my local pep boys doesn't even have it listed. can somone please help. thx
I suggest you order on-line from either Tim atd HondAcuraWorld (or some other online dealer).

Good prices!

rod

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey Tway,

Believe it or not older Hondas (Accords, Civics, CRV's) all have the same oil filter. I use the same filter for a 98 Accord and my dad's 89 Civic.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Stay away from the Made in the USA or Canada Honda filters...they are actually manufactured by Fram. I would suggest using K&N, Bosch, Purolator Premium Plus, or Mobil1 oil filters. You can’t go wrong with any of these…

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stay away from the Made in the USA or Canada Honda filters...they are actually manufactured by Fram. I would suggest using K&N, Bosch, Purolator Premium Plus, or Mobil1 oil filters. You can’t go wrong with any of these

so what are the model number for the oil filters that can be used. if i use Purolator Premium Plus then what is the part number? thx

·
Registered
423 Posts
Just curious, why don't you want to use Honda filters? If you pay approx $30,000 for a vehicle, it can't be the few dollars you will save.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
because i would like to try better brands than honda's and i live a right by Pep boys. just a minute walk away.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Whats wrong with Honda's filters? Are they not that good? Just wondering.

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Purolator Premium Plus #L14459
Purolator Plus One #PL14459
K&N Gold #HP1004

I personally use the K&N, but once they run out I will switch to the Purolator...

I'm going to try the Purolator in the my parents '01 Accord V6. He dosen't like spending $10 for an oil filter like the K&N or Bosch-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts