Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Expecting the Pilot this week. Did some searching but couldn't find any details on what it's like getting to the filter, drain plug ect...
My 2002 Passat is a friggin nightmare.:eek: So many plastic clips and panels to remove!
Is it easy cheese on the Pilot?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fairly easy, with nothing to remove. My only complaints are that there is a lot of oil left above the filter, which of course splashes out when you remove it, and that the oil pan plug is mounted on the side of the oil pan, instead of the bottom. This means that rather than have the gushing oil go straight down, it shoots out horizontally. Have a *wide* oil collection container....

hth,
Phil Reedy

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just turn the wheels all the way to the right and you can get to it very easily through the wheel well.

'philmarie' is right about the the oil filter holding oil back into the mount. Make sure you have your pan underneath before you even loosen it.

At least it is not as difficult as my Tacoma (you have to remove the skid plate).

And one last thing, though I'm sure you probably know already, be sure to install a new crush washer on the drain plug. Avoids the drips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts