Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a16 code. 1st oil change with the pilot. Pennzoil synthetic and fram synthetic filter. Took it to dealer for diff fluid change. No time to do it myself. For $130 i bought fluid and will be doing the rest myself. Hosed engine down and sprayed with gunk engine shine. Washed and sprayed with p&s beadmaker. Tires were too low to get rotated so ordered pirelli scorpion str from walmart. They were on sale and theres a 70$ gift card promo. They come in next week

·
Registered
813 Posts
a16 code. 1st oil change with the pilot. Pennzoil synthetic and fram synthetic filter. Took it to dealer for diff fluid change. No time to do it myself. For $130 i bought fluid and will be doing the rest myself. Hosed engine down and sprayed with gunk engine shine. Washed and sprayed with p&s beadmaker. Tires were too low to get rotated so ordered pirelli scorpion str from walmart. They were on sale and theres a 70$ gift card promo. They come in next week
How many miles do you have? I’m considering doing my first oil change too, but I’m worried that Honda might have those additives that they used to put in the older Pilots. I currently have around 1,500 miles.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,569 Posts
How many miles do you have? I’m considering doing my first oil change too, but I’m worried that Honda might have those additives that they used to put in the older Pilots. I currently have around 1,500 miles.
Why would you change your oil at 1,500 miles? Wait until the MM tells you to. The break in oil myth has been beaten to death so many times. Remember most car owners don't even know how to check their oil so I have to figure car makers make cars to be pretty tolerant of infrequent or insufficient maintenance.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Since your under warranty, follow the maintainace minder closely. If your one who trades in your car when the warranty is up. Buy any cheap synthetic oil (on sale) that meets your vehicles standards and a cheap $3 Fram filter. If you plan on keeping your vehicle long term after the warranty is gone, you might opt to splurge for a premium filter like Mobil 1 Extended Performance and a more notable higher quality full synthetic oil.
I'd keep driving until it says your at 0% Oil life. No need to change it to soon.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Since your under warranty, follow the maintainace minder closely. If your one who trades in your car when the warranty is up. Buy any cheap synthetic oil (on sale) that meets your vehicles standards and a cheap $3 Fram filter. If you plan on keeping your vehicle long term after the warranty is gone, you might opt to splurge for a premium filter like Mobil 1 Extended Performance and a more notable higher quality full synthetic oil.
I'd keep driving until it says your at 0% Oil life. No need to change it to soon.
Ok! I’ll keep the oil until it gets to 0%. I’m currently at 60% life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts