Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the talk about service (especially oil changes), and seeing that many of us are DIY'ers, I'm wondering if anyone has come-up with a less expensive source for crush washers, and/or, if Tim could offer something like this as a Group Buy (maybe packs of 25 or something)?

I'm sure Honda would have us think otherwise, but the crush washer isn't much more than an aluminum washer, so I'm sure there's cheaper ways of buying them.

Here's a couple online places that offer them, but not at the prices I'd expect.
http://www.pitstopusa.com/EARWASHERS-SEALS.asp
http://www.bakerprecision.com/statseal.htm

Ed F
Havasu Blue EX-L 5,500 happy miles

·
Registered
920 Posts
You can buy crush washers from Honda for like $.10-.15 man!!! What kind of a group buy are you looking for??? His $2 handling fee alone would make the washers not worth buying from him...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Quick Math- If I keep Pilot for 100,000 miles, change oil every 3,750 miles, thats 27 oil changes. Thus 27 washers... at 25cents/per washer = $6.75. Group buy savings of 10% will save 67.5 cents over roughly 5 years or 13.5 cents per year.
I really don't think we should get Tim involved over this.

Is it really true that copper wire was invented when two guys were fighting over a penny? :4:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wish I could buy crush washers from the dealer for 10 cents each.
Scott Robinson in Torrance, CA charges $0.75 for the crush washer and $6.75 for the oil filter, which is usually a rebadged Fram with cardboard end caps. Of course, there is also sales tax.
Harbor City Honda in Harbor City, CA also charges $0.78 for the crush washer. Plus Sales tax also.
These prices seem quite high.
Is there a cheaper place to get the washer?

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
vinograd,

That's highway robbery. Well, almost. My local Acura dealer charges $8 for the filter and 34c for the washer.

Local Honda dealer (Walnut Creek) is $5 washer included.

Tim @ hondacuraworld has them for $4.65 washer included, no sales tax, shipping included. You do have to buy them by the half-dozen though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got a big secret....you DON'T have to use a new crush washer every time!!! What?! Heresy!! For shame! Violating Honda's supreme rules!
Turn the dang thing over and use it twice, always worked for me. Heck I've used them six or eight times on motorcycles Honda makes, they still don't leak. So davemac you can save $3.38 which will buy you a bigmac.

bub

1 - 8 of 8 Posts